The Dreaded Battery Not Recognized/Non-Intelligent Battery Message

Reaction score
I've got two batteries with issues. One of them gives me the Battery Not Recognized/Non-Intelligent DJI mambo jumbo, and the other one shows no issues with exception to when it gets up in the air, it discharges almost immediately, like from the first five or six seconds in the air goes from 99% to 63%.

Both batteries are DJI. the one giving the Non-Intelligent battery message DJI gave me a return number, but then, UPS or Fed Ex refused to accept it for delivery because of it being a LIPO Battery. This despite the fact that DJI was literally 10 miles away from me in Torrance. (They are now in Carson and are going to move again) They still refused to let me hand carry it in.

Thee other battery that discharges was bought in November.

Oh help me Obi Wan Kenobi, Your My Only Hope! Is there a way to reprogram a P2 Battery that is giving this message and has obviously lost program?

You have had (5) batteries with issues?
I think I would start looking at the bird itself. Something is causing this problem.
It is hard to believe you have the worst batch of batteries ever...since November LOL

Now that is strange for sure.
Do they update the batteries on the P2?
Could that be the issue?

I've got two batteries with issues. One of them gives me the Battery Not Recognized/Non-Intelligent DJI mambo jumbo, and the other one shows no issues with exception to when it gets up in the air, it discharges almost immediately, like from the first five or six seconds in the air goes from 99% to 63%.

Both batteries are DJI. the one giving the Non-Intelligent battery message DJI gave me a return number, but then, UPS or Fed Ex refused to accept it for delivery because of it being a LIPO Battery. This despite the fact that DJI was literally 10 miles away from me in Torrance. (They are now in Carson and are going to move again) They still refused to let me hand carry it in.

Thee other battery that discharges was bought in November.

Oh help me Obi Wan Kenobi, Your My Only Hope! Is there a way to reprogram a P2 Battery that is giving this message and has obviously lost program?

Sounds like you have been storing your batteries fully charged for long periods of time. Is that correct?? There is no firmware to update those batteries.

Now the battery that gives you an error message as being a non-dji battery check the copper pads under the power terminals and make sure they are clean. Then check the spring loaded info pins in the battery compartment that functioning. Either conditions will cause the error message you received.

Battery info.jpg

When those copper pads are covered or dirty this is the message you"ll receive.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to test and then respond.

Never more then a week to two at the most. I use the drone often for work stuff, updating our work progress. That being, I still have two batteries that are puffy, however this one is like its brand new. No swelling whatsoever. As soon as the batteries are charged, I take them off of the charger as well.

Following your instructions (Thanks by the way!) I wiped the two terminals off for the data on the battery itself plugged it into the P2 and then get ready to plug it into the computer and as soon as I put the battery in, it powered up the drone without even pushing on the button. Any thoughts on what would cause this? I did not wipe off the power terminals simply because I didn't want to stick anything in the power side, figuring that this was more of a data problem.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to test and then respond.

Never more then a week to two at the most. I use the drone often for work stuff, updating our work progress. That being, I still have two batteries that are puffy, however this one is like its brand new. No swelling whatsoever. As soon as the batteries are charged, I take them off of the charger as well.

Following your instructions (Thanks by the way!) I wiped the two terminals off for the data on the battery itself plugged it into the P2 and then get ready to plug it into the computer and as soon as I put the battery in, it powered up the drone without even pushing on the button. Any thoughts on what would cause this? I did not wipe off the power terminals simply because I didn't want to stick anything in the power side, figuring that this was more of a data problem.

Are you sure the battery was turn on when you plugged it into the P2? You are correct in thinking it a data problem as that is exactly what those copper pads supply. You should clean both terminals in the battery compartment every once in a while. What should be done more often is to check your batteries current readings using the P2 software as those readings reveal more info about the condition of your batteries. Hopefully you have a fully FPV system and are monitoring those batteries when flying.

Jason, Battery was off, sitting here for the past month since I last charged it and its at two lights, or roughly less then 50%. Plug it in with controller either off or on and the drone instantly comes on. Unfortunately, I get the same Non-intelligent battery warning screen that you posted. It will not read the battery. Both sets of terminals I've cleaned with CRC electrical contact cleaner. (Being an electrician, I had some of it handy! )

Jason, Battery was off, sitting here for the past month since I last charged it and its at two lights, or roughly less then 50%. Plug it in with controller either off or on and the drone instantly comes on. Unfortunately, I get the same Non-intelligent battery warning screen that you posted. It will not read the battery. Both sets of terminals I've cleaned with CRC electrical contact cleaner. (Being an electrician, I had some of it handy! )

Well the only thing left is to replace it. Right now OEM are going $94.99 at B&H.
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4