The DJI Bad Battery Registry

PhantoMax said:
Flight time between 8 and 9 minutes for all four batteries, life is 94%, 91%, 91% and 90%.
Charge cycles, 18, 19, 19 and 29

Actually what I meant was something like this (taken from the first post in this thread):

ianwood said:
My two bad batteries:

Battery No.: 1
Cycles: 52
Percent life: 83%
Autoland percent: 50%
Autoland time: 9 minutes
Puffing: barely noticeable
Damage: none
Serial No.: unknown
Round/square contacts: round

Battery No.: 2
Cycles: 51
Percent life: 83%
Autoland percent: 50%
Autoland time: 8 minutes
Puffing: none
Serial No.: unknown

Copy the format above and list your bad batteries here!

The purpose of this thread is to capture structured information about as many bad batteries as possible.

Cycles: 48 times
Percent life: 84%
Autoland percent: 82%
Autoland time: 01:33
Damage: no
Serial no: 458

Cycles: 19
Percent life: 95%
Puffing: None
Serial No.: 6902

Cycles: 20
Percent life: 96%
Serial No.: 7407

Battery No.: 3
Cycles: 17
Percent life: 96%
Serial No.: 4440

Bumping this back up. We need to make it undeniable that there are a lot of bad batteries out there.

Finally made time to make a list of my bad batteries. I have 5, of which my 3 oldest are going into auto land too soon. The other 2 have 8-12 cycles.

Cycles: 34
Percent life: 89%
Autoland percent: 54%
Autoland time: 6-7 minutes
Puffing: some
Serial No.: 2216

Cycles: 33
Percent life: 89%
Autoland percent: 56%
Autoland time: 6-7 minutes
Serial No.: 1726

Cycles: 20
Percent life: 94%
Autoland percent: 46%
Autoland time: 8 minutes
Serial No.: 5233

I have 3 batteries, the first one purchased with my P2 about a year ago is now giving problems. Details below:

Cycles: 44
Percent life: 86%
Autoland percent: 45 - 55%
Autoland time: 7-8 mins
Serial No.: 24892

Battery looks like new and cell voltages are satisfactory ( +/- 10)
Contacts have been checked.

Two points which are of note:
I have had two successful (down to 20%) flights fter the first early autoland at 55%
I have noticed the problem appears to get worse when you use the battery for a second flight. That is use the battery for a short test flight taking the battery % down to say 85% then fly again without recharging.

Battery no: 1
Cycles. 15 when the problem first started. About 19 now
Percent life: 94%
Auto land percent: 85
Auto land time: 1 minute
Puffing: none or very slight
Serial number:dj070014030133972
Round square: round.

Purchased in April, 2014.

My first battery started failing as noted here after about 50 cycles. 2 new batteries are at 10 & 28 cycles and going strong. My thought has been exactly what is the best way to run the battery down after 20 cycles, ie how far to drain it, and for long term storage, the optimal charge percent to have on it. My first battery I often charged fully but did not get to fly for weeks, so I understand that didn't help. And don't know if this helps, but I now let batteries cool down hour or more before recharging. Can a early auto-land in the wrong place be avoided by strict attention to the battery voltage readout from the isod? If the percentage is wrong, how about the voltage, does it come down starting at 10.7v?

Cycles: 15
Percent life: Full Capacity now only 2210mAh from 5200
Autoland percent: Not known
Autoland time: Not known
Puffing: No
Damage: No
Serial no: 1422
Round/square contacts: Square
Storage: Go Professional Phantom 2 Carry Case, in moulded foam slots.

Attachments

• Screenshot (32)a.jpg
    Screenshot (32)a.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 449
Hey guys,
I saw a video of a Phantom battery that exploded in a workshop or a DJI retailer. It shows the people working there doing their thing and suddenly without warning the battery takes off and shooting fire as it launched itself onto the floor about 3 meters from where it was sitting.
I am wondering if anyone here has seen this video and if they can add a link to it for me please.
I am in the process of notifying government authorities about this danger to unsuspecting users. Not to have the batteries banned but to make people aware of the fact that they can explode prior to them buying the product. So that they know not to store them inside.
I believe it will come to a fatality of an innocent child before anyone asks DJI what they are doing about this.
I have 1 sitting outside on concrete floor which is bloated. It was flying for very short time when it went from 4 green lights to 1 flashing green but lost all control of the aircraft. Lucky for me It was just 2 meters off the ground and i managed to grab the leg before it headed skyward.
Battery is just 4 flights old, and yes stored at 50%as always.
Appreciate if someone has the link to that video
thanks.

WOW that sounds pretty whacky about the flying exploding battery. Makes me think I should use some of my scrap materials I have from manufacturing kilns and metal casting furnaces along with some extra ammo cans. To make a completely fire proof and explosion proof box for storing lippo battery's in.

cokeaddict said:
Hey guys,
I saw a video of a Phantom battery that exploded in a workshop or a DJI retailer. It shows the people working there doing their thing and suddenly without warning the battery takes off and shooting fire as it launched itself onto the floor about 3 meters from where it was sitting.
I am wondering if anyone here has seen this video and if they can add a link to it for me please.
I am in the process of notifying government authorities about this danger to unsuspecting users. Not to have the batteries banned but to make people aware of the fact that they can explode prior to them buying the product. So that they know not to store them inside.
I believe it will come to a fatality of an innocent child before anyone asks DJI what they are doing about this.
I have 1 sitting outside on concrete floor which is bloated. It was flying for very short time when it went from 4 green lights to 1 flashing green but lost all control of the aircraft. Lucky for me It was just 2 meters off the ground and i managed to grab the leg before it headed skyward.
Battery is just 4 flights old, and yes stored at 50%as always.
Appreciate if someone has the link to that video
thanks.
Couldn't find that one but just put lipo exploded in you tube and you'll see more than ya want ! I did and moving mine now !

removed this post about a faulty battery being I just got it back and there is not any thing wrong with it whats so ever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4