The DJI Bad Battery Registry

For all having the battery issue with the early autoland try to update your battery. Captain7576 posted in the 3.08 update thread here http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28493&start=10 that after the update his battery that had the early autoland issue were mostly fixed from the battery firmware update. Let us know if it fixes the issue. Also if you have the Limefuel battery do not update the battery firmware because it makes the batteries unusable.

Battery No.: 1
Cycles: 33
Percent life: 89%
Autoland percent: 55%
Autoland time: 6 min.
Puffing: yes
Damage: no
Serial no: 8840

Battery No.: 2
Cycles: 33
Percent life: 89%
Autoland percent: 55%
Autoland time: 6 min.
Serial no: 43173

Battery No.: 3
Cycles: 22
Percent life: 92%
Autoland percent: 40%
Autoland time: 7 min.
Serial no: 3267

Battery No.: 4
Cycles: 22
Percent life: 93%
Autoland percent: 40%
Autoland time: 7 min.
Serial no: 13264

Veets4489 said:
I started a facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/576103742516505/
I am trying to collect people and get more exposure, feel free to join it and continue to put pressure on DJI to listen.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for posting up your batteries.

Please tell the members of your FB page to share details of their bad batteries in this thread. Cold hard facts are important to make our case compelling. Serial numbers, cycles, and other data related to each battery. The facts make it much harder for DJI to brush it off.

This thread kind of fell asleep after the new firmware came out. But the new firmware is like duct tape on a broken pipe.

A battery with a sagging voltage won't trigger auto-land as early as it did before, but it will still run down much too quickly. Both of my batteries with this problem last about 8 minutes before the percentage of battery remaining rapidly drops from >50% to <10%. So DJI has not fixed the problem.

I think the new firmware is actually a little dangerous. Instead of going into auto-land when the voltage gets low, it keeps going and next thing you know you're at 8% battery and 100ft up.

People who see <10 mins flights and/or a sudden drop in percent remaining should still register their batteries here. Any new batteries I buy for the P2 will be Limefuel batteries.

ianwood said:
This thread kind of fell asleep after the new firmware came out. But the new firmware is like duct tape on a broken pipe.

A battery with a sagging voltage won't trigger auto-land as early as it did before, but it will still run down much too quickly. Both of my batteries with this problem last about 8 minutes before the percentage of battery remaining rapidly drops from >50% to <10%. So DJI has not fixed the problem.

I think the new firmware is actually a little dangerous. Instead of going into auto-land when the voltage gets low, it keeps going and next thing you know you're at 8% battery and 100ft up.

People who see <10 mins flights and/or a sudden drop in percent remaining should still register their batteries here. Any new batteries I buy for the P2 will be Limefuel batteries.

i'll pay attention to this a little more. Came back to P2 thinking they got all the bugs worked out and turns out with had a headache with the new controller and the 3D gimbal.

I wasn't able to test the gimbal battery was just above 50% and still wouldn't start. had to completely recharge it . What do you mean by "lime fuel"?

ianwood said:
Any new batteries I buy for the P2 will be Limefuel batteries.

Am I right in thinking that these batteries are excluded by updated firmware. If so I am not sure how Limefuel can provide batteries in the longer term. The number of customers on the old firmware is a finite marketplace for them.

ianwood said:

Someone cynical might suggest that increasing the time until auto land increases the chance of a bad battery going unnoticed within the 3 month warranty period.This could save DJI an awful lot of money on warranty claims. This is the only logical reason to do this.

This seems to be good news for Limefuel, they have sold out of Phantom batteries.

I have four batteries, same flight time, 8 minutes, 50 % autoland, but I asked the dealer to send back to DJI Europe. So, waiting their reply...

PhantoMax said:
I have four batteries, same flight time, 8 minutes, 50 % autoland, but I asked the dealer to send back to DJI Europe. So, waiting their reply...

How many cycles on it before it started doing this?

PhantoMax said:

Please post details on your bad batteries here. Important to make a record of as many bad batteries as we can even if some of them are exchanged for good ones.

ianwood said:
PhantoMax said:

Please post details on your bad batteries here. Important to make a record of as many bad batteries as we can even if some of them are exchanged for good ones.

Flight time between 8 and 9 minutes for all four batteries, life is 94%, 91%, 91% and 90%.
Charge cycles, 18, 19, 19 and 29

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl