The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer (HELP!)

Reaction score
OK, total newbie here so please forgive what I am sure is a dumb question/problem.

I've tried in vain several times to import video from my micro SD card via USB card reader onto my MacBook Pro from my Phantom 4. I can get the video to load to my desktop PC (HP) but for some reason, every time I try to load it onto my Mac I get the message referenced above (The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer). My software is updated but I know I am missing something. Truly maddening.

Any help is greatly appreciated but I would ask that it be in "layman's" terms. I'm not a computer guru and I need it dumbed down a bit.

THANKS!

OK, total newbie here so please forgive what I am sure is a dumb question/problem.

I've tried in vain several times to import video from my micro SD card via USB card reader onto my MacBook Pro from my Phantom 4. I can get the video to load to my desktop PC (HP) but for some reason, every time I try to load it onto my Mac I get the message referenced above (The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer). My software is updated but I know I am missing something. Truly maddening.

Any help is greatly appreciated but I would ask that it be in "layman's" terms. I'm not a computer guru and I need it dumbed down a bit.

THANKS!
Have you tried to insert the SD directly into the laptop sans the USB reader?? There should be an SD reader on the right had side of your MacBook.

Have you tried to insert the SD directly into the laptop sans the USB reader?? There should be an SD reader on the right had side of your MacBook.
Another option is to leave the card in your Phantom and just plug the phantom into the computer with the USB cable and power on the bird...do not need the controller on. Also....do this with the props off for safety :)

I've attempted to download directly from the P4 with the same results/message. My MacBook Pro is from 2009 and doesn't have a card slot.

1- Go to BB/Walmart and buy a micro SD card adapter and reader. You will need it in the future.
2- Buy a new computer! I need to get one also....running on XP Pro...:(

If you can view the SD card on your PC you could try copying the file directly to a USB flash drive and then use the flash drive in your MacBook.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20