The cracks keep coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am showing my age but this reminds me of the Chevy Corvair. GM knew it would kill people but took the risk and still produced and sold them. They only had law suits from the family after someone died in it from a roll over.

I am showing my age but this reminds me of the Chevy Corvair. GM knew it would kill people but took the risk and still produced and sold them. They only had law suits from the family after someone died in it from a roll over.

That reminds me of all American pickups - the deaths from rollover are so high and yet they are exempt from all sorts of safety tests!

Reactions: Meta4
You sir seem like a chronic complainer, this is based on your past and current posts.
I do not block members like you from my reading on this forum ( Painful as it maybe ) for sometimes new members reading your SPEW mite get sick as I.
Sorry but this is an honest opinion, we have seen members like you before, you trash the moderators, your credibility is well documented see link below.
As a wise scholar once said and I quote “You get nothing! You lose! Good day,sir!”

http://www.phantompilots.com/members/mr-spock.37008/

As far as I am concerned..
"Satan disguises himself as the angel of light. A false light will destroy everything."

EOF.
Hey Have a great day okay! The sun is shining the bluebirds are still chirping.....
Dear all i attach my invoice here not as a respose to this "gentleman" that challenges a decent paying DJI customer because he does not like negative comments about DJI (why is that...? I leave it to you to figure out). But i do this to show that he and others have created a short of secret police spying on threads picking on DJI customers such as I that happened to complaint. In my case i complaint once but because my job is product and assurance manager in a large multinational corporation (in another industry unrelated with drones) i started someware in this forum a thread about the new DJI motors asking politely for a replacement programme of defective SNs. Now this "gentlemman" here that by the way does not reveal who he is or what he does and under which capacity he is policing me also claimed that i "trash" moderators thing that i never did, in fact if any i was trashed my self for voicing my conserns on that other thread. So attached you can all see my Phantom 3 Advanced invoice plus the extra battery i bought and there is more as i have bought the HDMI module and CF props and a Huawei android tablet and Nebula HDMI goggles, CF gimbal guard and a few other extras... so YES "Sir" filter this... and go back on topic after you tell us what is it that you are doing... (by the way i cant access any info on the link you put here through my phone but rest asure i will get there and see what on earth it is that you are talking about)

Attachments

• 1446342595530.jpg
    1446342595530.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 1446343820092.jpg
    1446343820092.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 1446343855483.jpg
    1446343855483.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 284
Unfortunately, it would be impossible for DJI to know which products are defective. Most people don't have this problem, so it would be a huge waste of time and money to replace the shell on every Phantom that has the original shell.
Ok i hear you msinger but how is it possible? In other industries that is benchmark. They don't have quality control and assurance processes and tools? Not to replace all of the P3s of course but on a voluntary bases and only the defective production batches IDed by the individual SNs like we do in the Telecom industry for smartphones and accessories. There are international best practices for all of this.

Ok i hear you msinger but how is it possible? In other industries that is benchmark. They don't have quality control and assurance processes and tools? Not to replace all of the P3s of course but on a voluntary bases and only the defective production batches IDed by the individual SNs like we do in the Telecom industry for smartphones and accessories. There are international best practices for all of this.
I know I'm wasting effort typing this because you've totally ignored everything that's been explained to you in this thread.
But .... DJI don't know which are the defective production batches IDed by the individual SNs.
You asked them yourself and were told that any made since they were launched in April up till August MIGHT have a shell that could develop cracks.
A possible explanation may be that a percentage of components from a particular supplier has been found to be sub-standard and the components have been used across production with no way to trace them now.
They do, however have a pretty good idea what sort of numbers are involved from the complaints they have received and it's not enough to recall all P3s made in that 5 month period.

And just to make this clear ... the number involved is a small proportion of production for that period.
Despite the noise generated in forums by a few, multiple posting in multiple threads, most P3 from that period exhibit no cracking.

I know I'm wasting effort typing this because you've totally ignored everything that's been explained to you in this thread.
But .... DJI don't know which are the defective production batches IDed by the individual SNs.
You asked them yourself and were told that any made since they were launched in April up till August MIGHT have a shell that could develop cracks.
A possible explanation may be that a percentage of components from a particular supplier has been found to be sub-standard and the components have been used across production with no way to trace them now.
They do, however have a pretty good idea what sort of numbers are involved from the complaints they have received and it's not enough to recall all P3s made in that 5 month period.
Ok fair enough my friend. I understand now but a) where did you obtain this detailed information, do you represent or speak on behalf of DJI or is this your individual perception of the situation?
b) for the sake of argument i will accept what you are saying to be true then what DJI can do is initiate two imediate actions 1. Send via the official DJI sales channels including the dealers like mine in the United Kingdom communication for them and for us their customers 2. Start a voluntary only programme of possible defective product replacement (happy customers will not use the programme but grumpy meticulous, telecom industry customer experience accustomed standard freak such as i could).
There is no excuse why a multinational corporation has no tools to ID and monitor production in order to perform quality control and if at the end of the day u r right it is not my fault... i payed i am a customer.
Ps can you kindly please stop patronising me... much obliged i am not 15 years old.

I recently opened the shell after a rather serious crash sent my camera flying. I decided to assess any possible internal damage (and maybe I just thought it'd be cool to see the guts). I found cracks in almost half of the plastic mounts, but not the motor mounts thankfully. So far, the solution has been to coat them in JB Weld, but I'm sure there's something better, it's just what I have currently.

Wow, do you really mean that? That is a pretty profound statement. I cannot think of any time in my life that I purchased a product of any kind that had a 75% failure rate of ones that I had purchased. Do you work for DJI by any chance? Because that is what I would expect them to say, not a fellow Phantom flyer.
75% failure rate? where in the world did you "learn" the ridiculous math that led you to that insane exaggeration? Frustration may be warranted, but that... sorry. All I can do is laugh! You have NO clue what you're talking about!!

75% failure rate? where in the world did you "learn" the ridiculous math that led you to that insane exaggeration? Frustration may be warranted, but that... sorry. All I can do is laugh! You have NO clue what you're talking about!!

The one with no clue is looking at you in your mirror. If you could read, you would understand that what I said is that I, meaning me, have had 75% of MY Phantoms develop premature, major cracks that required shell replacements. I did not say of all Phantoms. Got that? Should be pretty easy to understand for most people. So the last laugh is on you.

There are so many variables around plastic moulding it would be impossible to keep track of every shell. Even IF the serial number relates to which cavity the shell was produced from it wont tell you cycle times or humidity of the plastic on that day!
Audi have no clue which of their 2L tfsi engines were effected by bad piston rings. They have behaved far worse than DJI ever have and yet so many people remain loyal to them!
Mods how about closing these threads now even I am getting bored of them!!!

There are so many variables around plastic moulding it would be impossible to keep track of every shell. Even IF the serial number relates to which cavity the shell was produced from it wont tell you cycle times or humidity of the plastic on that day!
Audi have no clue which of their 2L tfsi engines were effected by bad piston rings. They have behaved far worse than DJI ever have and yet so many people remain loyal to them!
Mods how about closing these threads now even I am getting bored of them!!!
What i dont get is why u r asking to close the threads? I am bored reading threads on DJI FB about how nice is everything and then they block every other post. Perhaps you can go there that everything is nice and no issues are reported. As per your comments about plastic injection and SNs you are wrong i am afraid there are international best practices to do that as i explained in detail before.
Don't you guys get it..? The more you try to play all this down or hide it the more customers like the friend that started this thread and me we get more reactive...?

I was very understanding at first but we are just going around in circles. I was NOT getting at you personally just the whole issue.
I am sorry you think I am wrong about injection moulding - just speaking from experience! Best practice and what goes on in real life are two very different things.
Go and have a look at Dyson products - look at the flow marks in the plastic - I would NEVER have allowed them out of my factory door like that! So much for best practice.

I was very understanding at first but we are just going around in circles. I was NOT getting at you personally just the whole issue.
I am sorry you think I am wrong about injection moulding - just speaking from experience! Best practice and what goes on in real life are two very different things.
Go and have a look at Dyson products - look at the flow marks in the plastic - I would NEVER have allowed them out of my factory door like that! So much for best practice.
Ok apologies u do have a point we are going in circles but lets do not gagg the people that want to talk about it in case DJI decides to do something about it buddy. As for the plastics and how to do product assurance lets agree to disagree i won't say for which telecom giant i work but in my game we have customer journeys and tools on vendor production lines in China, Taiwan and Morocco where devices are assembled and manufactured to avoid what happened to Dyson buddy.

First off I would like to apologize for starting this thread I did not intend to a slug fest of words I was looking for help and direction. For the record you could have not treated a new born baby as gently as I flew my P3P (no crashes and mostly practice stuff). I am lucky to have bought this through Amazon and with their credit card and they have a A to Z protection plan for things returned within 30 days of purchase. I will keep you all posted to the outcome of that. The thing that sucks about all of this is that it happened to me now, I am missing incredible imagery here in NJ with the fall colors in farm country. I have the last shot I did before return and will post here soon. Thanks to all here and again my apologizes. I would also like to thank the creator and keeper of this forum. This is a good place, thanks for your time and efforts it is greatly appreciated.

dji is big and I love it like I love my iPhone 6 so if my phantom 3 pro crack I just wait for a new model of them [emoji7]

Im sorry to jump into this thread so late, but would someone mind posting a pic where these "phantom cracks" are happening (phantom cracks ... see what i did there?)

Ive got well over 100 hrs on my p3a and am just not sure what i should be looking for.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj