The cracks keep coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part that I think was funny was your inference that consumers shouldn't expect a quality product that doesn't crack for virtually no reason.
Well, that's just a bad assumption on your part. Consumers know products aren't perfect. None of them are.

Well, that's just a bad assumption on your part. Consumers know products aren't perfect. None of them are.

Wow, do you really mean that? That is a pretty profound statement. I cannot think of any time in my life that I purchased a product of any kind that had a 75% failure rate of ones that I had purchased. Do you work for DJI by any chance? Because that is what I would expect them to say, not a fellow Phantom flyer.

Wow, do you really mean that? That is a pretty profound statement. I cannot think of any time in my life that I purchased a product of any kind that had a 75% failure rate of ones that I had purchased.
It's pretty odd that three of your shells cracked. The overall failure rate is certainly not 75% for all Phantoms sold to date. If it was, this forum would be nothing but threads about shell cracks.

Do you work for DJI by any chance?
No, sir. I'm just a fan of Phantoms.

Do you by chance work for 3D Robotics? ;)

I think this has been thoroughly discussed, beaten to death actually.

If you have cracks due to QC problems by DJI they will repair the MR.

Most users do not have cracks. I for one don't. Mine flies great. Old motors and case. So there must have been a bad batch of plastic, and as far as I can tell DJI is replacing those as fast as they can.

I am very impressed by this consumer product the P3P is really a consumer maybe prosumer product. The quality of the MR and the fantastic video you get rivals my old S800 with Zenmuse that cost me north of $10K 5 years ago.

These are very cheap for the technology and ease of flying. I think DJI is doing a fantastic job. Will they get even better, yes of course. There is a reason they are #1. Great products and great prices. And they really do work on support. It is very difficult for a company that sells something lots of users are going to crash because they are new to the hobby. It has always been that way with model aircraft and I think it always will be.

Someone learning traditional RC typically crash the first dozen planes/helis just learning the sport. These are incredible easy to fly, so users get in over their heads all the time and then blame DJI. In the RC community it is the same, new pilots love to blame equipment, check out all those boards and you will see thousands of complaints about all the manufacturers.

I just RMA'd a plane to Horizon hobby because it arrived with a bad board and the rudder servo was not working. They will send me a new one when they get this one back. All manufactures have some problems. It is not a perfect world.

It's pretty odd that three of your shells cracked. The overall failure rate is certainly not 75% for all Phantoms sold to date. If it was, this forum would be nothing but threads about shell cracks.

For me it is a fact. That is why I sympathize with those who are having the problem. I think maybe you should count up the number of posts of people that have had cracked shells along with the replies of people who also have had the problem. I as an educated person would guess that DJI's attempt to fix the problem is evidence enough (even for you) to understand, it is and has been a problem for a year now. When I spoke with a rep from DJI, he was aware of the problem but I decided to repair mine myself because of the long delay and that he couldn't assure me that it would not happen again. That was a year ago with my first Phantom, a P2V.

To deny it is a problem is out of my realm of reality. Just because you haven't had one crack doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

To deny it is a problem is out of my realm of reality. Just because you haven't had one crack doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. There is already a process to resolve the problem and DJI has made design improvements. Dwelling on the past is useless at this point.

Reactions: envisionabove
Excuse me? Come again Sir i dont follow u. Put up my invoice for your leisure to to filter what? And who are you and what is your role? By the way u r off topic.

You sir seem like a chronic complainer, this is based on your past and current posts.
I do not block members like you from my reading on this forum ( Painful as it maybe ) for sometimes new members reading your SPEW mite get sick as I.
Sorry but this is an honest opinion, we have seen members like you before, you trash the moderators, your credibility is well documented see link below.
As a wise scholar once said and I quote “You get nothing! You lose! Good day,sir!”

http://www.phantompilots.com/members/mr-spock.37008/

As far as I am concerned..
"Satan disguises himself as the angel of light. A false light will destroy everything."

EOF.
Hey Have a great day okay! The sun is shining the bluebirds are still chirping.....

Reactions: olof Ekbergh
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. There is already a process to resolve the problem and DJI has made design improvements. Dwelling on the past is useless at this point.

Excuse me, but it seems like the past week or so there are still people having the problem with the new shells. But at least now you seem to have acknowledged it is a problem. Hope springs eternal.

Amazing........maybe I'm a lucky one. I tool delivery of my P3 Pro the end of July and now have 35 hours on. No cracks, none.

Most people do not have this problem. For those that do, DJI is offering to repair them for free. Considering they already made design changes to resolve this potential issue, I don't think there is much more we can ask of them.

According to a poll this is happening to a quarter of the phantom 3s with older motors and shells ou there

According to a poll this is happening to a quarter of the phantom 3s with older motors and shells ou there
Ah, you must mean the poll on the DJI forums. Less than 700 people took that poll, so those percentages definitely are not representative of the majority of Phantom owners. This forum alone has 35k members -- and, that's just a small chunk of Phantom owners.

But at least now you seem to have acknowledged it is a problem.
It's really only a problem for you. Why complain about it when you can go get it fixed for free...

Reactions: envisionabove
According to a poll this is happening to a quarter of the phantom 3s with older motors and shells out there
Sorry this is a popular misconception but it is not even close to the truth.
One quarter of the respondents in a forum poll asking who had shell cracks reported they had cracking.
If you want an explanation of how this a completely different thing, read this excellent post.
Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells | Page 7 | DJI Phantom Forum

After 7 flights I have cracks under 3 of my motor mounts. P3P is just 2 weeks old. Is this just the way it is going to be? Get cracks send it back and wait? Any good thoughts on self repairs or don't buy another one? DJI if you're reading, pick a finger, I did not spend my hard earned cash to have to play with customer service (word is yours sucks) are we going to put up with this or start recommending not to buy DJI Phatoms?
i don,t understand the crack problem. I have over 100 flights with no cracks or problems. Just lucky? Maybe. Is it that I fly to shoot video? This means I fly smooth and slow, to create good camera moves. Are people getting cracks buy pushing the flight capabilities?

It's really only a problem for you. Why complain about it when you can go get it fixed for free...

Only a problem for me??? Are you kidding?

I think one of us better learn how to read.

FYI, My neighbor sent his P2V+ v3 to DJI for repair, nine weeks later it was returned. Sometimes free isn't worth it. He had to eat the cost of shipping it back, does that sound like free to you? You seem to be an intelligent guy, do you read your replies?

I did send DJI an RE700 that didn't even have the range that my P2V RE500 had. Yep they replaced it free but I still had to eat the cost to send it to them. That wasn't free and the six weeks they took to finally replace it wasn't added to my warranty time. But you are correct, that is history. I think the preponderance of people agree customer service isn't a DJI strong suit.

Only a problem for me??? Are you kidding?

I think one of us better learn how to read.

FYI, My neighbor sent his P2V+ v3 to DJI for repair, nine weeks later it was returned. Sometimes free isn't worth it. He had to eat the cost of shipping it back, does that sound like free to you? You seem to be an intelligent guy, do you read your replies?

I did send DJI an RE700 that didn't even have the range that my P2V RE500 had. Yep they replaced it free but I still had to eat the cost to send it to them. That wasn't free and the six weeks they took to finally replace it wasn't added to my warranty time. But you are correct, that is history. I think the preponderance of people agree customer service isn't a DJI strong suit.

Okay your unhappy with a product you bought.
Clearly it has a resolution in respects to issues you? mite be having.
Lest the others speak if not.
Like all products you have course to follow.

So follow it....
I'm sorry is this guy getting old? Sounds like someone else on here?

papoa.jpg

Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

PS: This guy sounds like a Troll now... I'm going back to the air... Cheers all nothing much going on these days as everyone is having good times. Bye till next month.... Angola Next

Last edited:
Okay your unhappy with a product you bought.
Clearly it has a resolution in respects to issues you? mite be having.
Lest the others speak if not.
Like all products you have course to follow.

So follow it....
I'm sorry is this guy getting old? Sounds like someone else on here?

Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

PS: This guy sounds like a Troll now... I'm going back to the air... Cheers all nothing much going on these days as everyone if having good times. Bye till next month.... Angola Next

So if you don't like it, don't read or reply to it. That is pretty simple, don't you think?

I think this has been thoroughly discussed, beaten to death actually.

If you have cracks due to QC problems by DJI they will repair the MR.

Most users do not have cracks. I for one don't. Mine flies great. Old motors and case. So there must have been a bad batch of plastic, and as far as I can tell DJI is replacing those as fast as they can.

I am very impressed by this consumer product the P3P is really a consumer maybe prosumer product. The quality of the MR and the fantastic video you get rivals my old S800 with Zenmuse that cost me north of $10K 5 years ago.

These are very cheap for the technology and ease of flying. I think DJI is doing a fantastic job. Will they get even better, yes of course. There is a reason they are #1. Great products and great prices. And they really do work on support. It is very difficult for a company that sells something lots of users are going to crash because they are new to the hobby. It has always been that way with model aircraft and I think it always will be.

Someone learning traditional RC typically crash the first dozen planes/helis just learning the sport. These are incredible easy to fly, so users get in over their heads all the time and then blame DJI. In the RC community it is the same, new pilots love to blame equipment, check out all those boards and you will see thousands of complaints about all the manufacturers.

I just RMA'd a plane to Horizon hobby because it arrived with a bad board and the rudder servo was not working. They will send me a new one when they get this one back. All manufactures have some problems. It is not a perfect world.

I love this post sums it up perfectly. And someone who uses the term RC instead or remote control music to my ears!
DJI made a right hash of the P2 - the P3 is in a different league.
DJI have a tough problem making the shells - they have to be light but strong - not easy at the best of times - cost is obviously an issue but so is mass production - they have to bang these out as fast as they can.
The value for money you are getting with a P3 compared to it's capabilities are astonishing.

Reactions: Mark_DeKruyter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers