The Cost of a Phantom

Odd that DJI sells the transmitter separately, but not the bird itself. They could immediately sell a bunch more to guys like you and me!

Any idea what a reasonable resale price to expect would be, when selling off the P3P transmitter?
They do sell a spare bare P3 (no camera) but at the price they charge I don't think they'd sell many.
Buy Phantom 3 - Advanced/Professional Aircraft Body | DJI Store
Check ebay completed sales to see what controllers are going for.

They do sell a spare bare P3 (no camera) but at the price they charge I don't think they'd sell many.
Buy Phantom 3 - Advanced/Professional Aircraft Body | DJI Store
Check ebay completed sales to see what controllers are going for.
Thanks! As I suspected. By the time you add the gimbal and camera, you have bought a new unit, and have a free battery and transmitter!

Ebay completed sales for (new/lightly used) transmitters appear to all be close $400, for anyone else considering this option. If you can get a new P3 (with new motors and new shell---an upgrade for me!) with two batteries for $1200, after selling off the transmitter for $400, and the extra batteries at $100 each, works out to about $600 for the P3P alone, with camera. Might as well get one now, with older firmware still on it, just in case...
image.jpeg

Last edited:
You do realize if the P3Pro was built by Boeing and purchased by our military it would probably cost $100k
Much like the $640 military toilet seats we were paying for back in 1986! :eek:
Probably up to $10,000 each by now!

Last edited:
Much like the $640 military toilet seats we were paying for back in 1986! :eek:

Last year, the IRS called me and said I owed another $23,000 in taxes. I just sent 'em a Black and Decker circular saw! :D

You also have to price in the software capabilities, R&D, cost of manufacturing, overhead, raw goods, customer support, etc. Its not like they are shipping millions and millions of drones yet like the volume you're seeing in the iPhone. It is VERY difficult to build a company that does both software and hardware and that can integrate it in so well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31