The closest near-miss you'll see! (P3 vs. i1)

Reaction score
Here is the closest near miss between two drones I guess you will ever see.

(Footage kindly provided by my friend @bassbitz on IG)

Had a fly meet today and decided to film some large cargo ships. My mates and I decided to do a tandem flight, with him in the Inspire 1 following behind me in my P3 Pro. He was to film me from behind as we flew out towards the ships.

We agreed on a height of 40m for me and 50m for him. Halfway through we lost orientation and had to search for each other. Unknowingly, my friend's inspire had drifted down to 42m and we almost had a mid air collision!

It was really lucky that none of our drones are at the bottom of the sea now.

And thankfully he managed to capture that moment where we almost collided.

Let me know if you have seen a miss closer than mine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grae
Where abouts in the video is the near miss? I scrubbed through and didnt see anything.

Is the foitage from the inspire? Its not very clear.

Where abouts in the video is the near miss? I scrubbed through and didnt see anything.

Is the foitage from the inspire? Its not very clear.

I don't understand your question. The near miss is very apparent in the video. It is from the inspire but the video was sent to me via Whatsapp. So of course the video would be of lower quality.

My question was where in the video as in what time? Most people probably wont watch whole video to see it. Whatsapp explains the bad quality, thank you for clarification.

I watched parts of it. It was 4 minutes and 11 seconds. I have now watched the 6 second clip that is linked.

That was very close. I don't think it could possibly be closer.
No wonder. The 4 min clip is from another thread. I was attempting a long range flight. You might have clicked on the other as I posted two topics one after another.

No wonder. The 4 min clip is from another thread. I was attempting a long range flight. You might have clicked on the other as I posted two topics one after another.
no. I clicked on the linked video in this thread. It was not the clip t,hat is up now. It's irrelavent now. Amazingly close call. Happily both aircraft intact to play another day.

With the Birds is with the fairies!

UK

With the Birds is with the fairies!

UK
Your funny Grae.. I wont say what i suspect you may be with. I will repeat my earlier posted observation that the original link was for a longer video that did not depict a near miss. BTW the original post was edited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4