The Best SunShade Out There!

Reaction score
I got my Ultrashade from aerialdroneaccessories.com. By far it is the BEST one made period. I tried the "old cardboard ones" and tried the 3D ones as well. They were all "junk" compared to this one. This one completely blocked all the sun enabling me to fly my P4 without any hint of glaring sunlight.

I can see now why these SunShades take 10-14 days to be delivered. What I am holding is a masterpiece to the drone world.
I truly believe there is no other sunshade that will come even close to this one.

I researched the web for the perfect sunshade and I came upon
aerialdroneaccessories.com and Stacy Cobb. He has built and designed the greatest sunshades for the Apple and Android series.

When I purchase things I opt for the BEST. Well, DJI and Stacy's sunshades should be in the same sentence. They are the BEST!

Nuff said, just buy it and you will see a masterpiece:)

wow looks like they are kinda pricey

I like the way it folds open and closed. I hope they can get the price down after a while, seems like they could get it down with injection molding instead of machining.

Thanks for the post. Can you post some pics of yours. One to know you're serious and this isn't just a plug, and two I'm seriously thinking about one of these and want to see some real world pics.

What tablet are you using with it?

Do you like the mounting system?

I'm not sure I want a mounting system that isnt module. I have an Air 2 and sometimes use my phone.

ETA: Just reread their site. It looks like the Ipad air 2 with still work with the factory mount.

Just ordered one. I like how it can be used as a case also for storage.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. Can you post some pics of yours. One to know you're serious and this isn't just a plug, and two I'm seriously thinking about one of these and want to see some real world pics.

I'm not sure I want a mounting system that isnt module. I have an Air 2 and sometimes use my phone.

ETA: Just reread their site. It looks like the Ipad air 2 with still work with the factory mount.

I am using a Pro 9.7 with the mounting system. It is the only way to go with the mounting system.

I just really like that Stacy has really pulled all stops in creating this masterpiece. Once you get it, you will thank me for this find. I don't like using my phone. I also have a Pro 12.9 as well. But the Pro 9.7 suits me well. Enjoy it when you get it:)

Attachments

• IMG_3975.JPG
    IMG_3975.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,668

To answer a few questions.... No it is not pricey at all. After sifting thru a bunch of want to be shades, this one comes out on top.

I had tried out the Typhoon H this past week and back it went to Best Buy this morning. First the screen itself is small. I had problems landing it as it landed 30-50 feet from me. And when flying it, it swayed way too much. And their plastic sunscreen was terrible. There was way too much glare on the screen to navigate around.

My money is on DJI and people like Mr Cobb who do things right.

Now I off to watch AGT. Thanks

I am using a Pro 9.7 with the mounting system. It is the only way to go with the mounting system.

I just really like that Stacy has really pulled all stops in creating this masterpiece. Once you get it, you will thank me for this find. I don't like using my phone. I also have a Pro 12.9 as well. But the Pro 9.7 suits me well. Enjoy it when you get it:)

Thanks! Got any more pics?

...hmmmmm, hate to disagree; but after endless research I have found the HOODMAN AVIATOR series to be THE BEST sunshade on the market for seeing a monitor screen in bright sunlight:
upload_2016-7-5_17-6-48.png

...the problem with all open-sided shades is they do not eliminate the reflections from the screen - only when ALL sides are blacked out and your face blocks the top opening will you see a glare-free screen with zero refections - it's just simple physics. (...further endorsement: if you see the NFL referees reviewing a play on the field at a video booth, they will be using a HOODMAN product.)

...some other reflection-fighting tips:
• I've placed a slightly matte screen protector on my iPad screen to dull the sharpness of reflections - way less distracting than sharp reflections.
• I always try to wear black shirts/jackets/hats/ninja-face-wrap ;) and keep my background as dark as possible to reduce any bright reflections (...find an operating position that has shade at your back)
• if I am in a situation that's appropriate for sitting, I've found a very effective fold-up chair by Renneto that has a fantastic awning system to block sun from many directions, yet still gives you a clear shot to track your drone with your eyes:
upload_2016-7-5_17-20-32.png

IMG_6550.jpg
IMG_6552.JPG
View attachment 59061
IMG_6552.JPG
I purchased a great sunscreen that holds the iPad Pro 12.9" on the Phantom 4 controller very solidly. It is from AERIALDRONEACCESSORIES.COM The unit for the iPad Pro 12.9" is called The MASTER SERIES IPAD PRO 12.9" SUNSHADE. Great unit that works like a charm. Stacy is really good to work with. Really enjoy being able to use the large screen on the iPad Pro 12.9"

Last edited:
View attachment 59061 View attachment 59063 I purchased a great sunscreen that holds the iPad Pro 12.9" on the Phantom 4 controller very solidly. It is from AERIALDRONEACCESSORIES.COM The unit for the iPad Pro 12.9" is called The MASTER SERIES IPAD PRO 12.9" SUNSHADE. Great unit that works like a charm. Stacy is really good to work with. Really enjoy being able to use the large screen on the iPad Pro 12.9"
Your Pro 12.9 looks great here. Perhaps I will get one when the Inspire 2 comes out. I have the Pro 12.9 too, I use it for just for watching TV when I am too lazy to get off my LazyBoy:)
to head to my office as my wife watch "her shows"

Either way. The Hoodman is not my style as my neighbors walk by and would freak if I was seen looking thru a "large hood" Like I said, the hood I have designed by Mr. Cobb is perfect for me and many others:)

View attachment 59061 View attachment 59063 I purchased a great sunscreen that holds the iPad Pro 12.9" on the Phantom 4 controller very solidly. It is from AERIALDRONEACCESSORIES.COM The unit for the iPad Pro 12.9" is called The MASTER SERIES IPAD PRO 12.9" SUNSHADE. Great unit that works like a charm. Stacy is really good to work with. Really enjoy being able to use the large screen on the iPad Pro 12.9"

FYI, Stacy just dropped the price from $179 to $149. He also had a special discount that expires today, with shipping it can be had for about $135.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I knew I should have waited a couple of weeks.....could have saved some money......

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

FYI, Stacy just dropped the price from $179 to $149. He also had a special discount that expires today, with shipping it can be had for about $135.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I will enjoy my 9.7 Pro now and probably wait till the Inspire 2 comes out and decide if I need to go 12.9 Pro on the new one. I have way too toys here:) Oh well LOL

Se9nt from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find the best sunshade to be goggles! Haha! But, those sunshades Stacy sells are top notch.

Reactions: Stacy Cobb
Stacy....you are the BEST. Your SunShades are the best thing that happened to the DJI Phantoms. Works better than great. Will keep selling...(easy to sell...we just have to get the good word out). Thanks again and take care. Tom

Hi Tom and everyone else,

This is Stacy from AerialDroneAccessories.com. Thanks for all of the kind words concerning our shades. Tom don't worry about the lowered price I'll refund you the difference in the new price with the discount. Al, thank you for starting this thread. My sales spiked so I knew there was a happy customer out there sharing their experience with our company and one of our shades. I just had to find it is all.

Let me say this Hoodman is a good shade for me however I needed something that was more solid and more rigid. Also as the pilot I have to have something more open that protects me from the glare and sunlight without me having to fly FPV. As pilots we use our screens as reference since we are required to fly line of sight. The Hoodman does not allow this. You basically have to keep your head right down in the opening for it to be used properly.

I agree that for a shroud of darkness it is great, it's not quite as stable as ours but still a decent shade. I consider it to be what's needed for a second controller for the camera op of the inspire 1. (But not the pilot) With that being said my camera op prefers a nice expensive pair of Goggles over the Hoodman. I wish I could have talked him into the Hoodman. Would have saved lots of $'s.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. My phone number is (205) 515-4593. Or email at [email protected]

I strive for two different things at AerialDroneAccessories.com 1) The best possible products and 2) complete customer satisfaction. My promise to you, if you don't love our products let me know if we can't make you completely happy send it back and we will refund your money no questions asked. Even your initial shipping charge.

Stacy.... You are the MAN. You treat each customer as a member of your growing family and NOT just a sale:) I realize that for you that is not all about the $$$ but the satisfaction of having thrilled customers using your products.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj