The best motor caps! 3D printed caps!

Reaction score
2b94b75d1e5818e02f4c4ab7323b20f6.jpg
9f6fb294b532502dce0c1c429bdbec1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a set today... Looks way better than the small condom looking ones

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I received mine today and they did not fit. It seems like you would have to really push hard and I don't want to damage the hardware.

Not even close. I got one on but it got stuck so I stopped trying. I think if Msinger printed these it would work much better

You'll be pleasantly surprised then. I've been working on a motor cap design for a few weeks -- just finished it today. Stay tuned :)

Is design is awesome, his printer looks like it toothpaste sculpture. The concept is awesome though

msinger I'll take a set! I'll be the tester subject

msinger I'll take a set! I'll be the tester subject

Ill buy a prototype set to test them too if you like :D - I fly with mine in a soft backpack at least a couple of times a week. If you want a strength/dependability/reliabilty test done, they will sure get a work out.
14 flights in the next 3 weeks coming up. 7 are international. Im yet to find a a quality, well fitting set of motor covers to protect the quick release mechanism on my P4 in my back pack.

You'll be pleasantly surprised then. I've been working on a motor cap design for a few weeks -- just finished it today. Stay tuned :)
Please make it affordable I'll be all over it

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks good!
Im just spitballin, but do you think it could still put a bit of pressure onto the prop mounts?
Do you think by having a sleeve design that interlocks with the prop mount but still slides down over the motor housing would offer a little more protection against lateral forces?
I imagine as its in a bag and there is potentially some lateral movement you are now putting direct pressure onto the prop mounts, where if its slid/sleeved down over the motor housing you are then spreading the load a little?
Just thinking out loud, ya know.

Do you think by having a sleeve design that interlocks with the prop mount but still slides down over the motor housing would offer a little more protection against lateral forces?
Possibly. I think it would mostly just be a waste of plastic though.

For anyone interested, you can order my motors caps here. The pricing is as follows (to cover my cost to ship them to you):

US - $3
Canada - $10
Everywhere Else - $14

You're welcome to pay whatever you want though if you'd like to support my work :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers