The AuraVisor- Would this work with my Phantom 3 Standard?

Hi BeauS, To answer your question No! it will not work with Wi-Fi however I checked the AuraVisor web site and it has listed that it works with HDMI so YES! the phantom will
work with this but you will need to convert your Phantom transmitter module which includes a HDMI socket and this module IS available from DJI.
I converted my P3A with this module and I am successfully using the HeadPlay system with HDMI and it has a super clear picture.
By the way the conversion of the module is real easy and takes 30 minutes at most.
If I can answer any other question regarding the HDMI conversion please let me know I'll be pleased to help.
Cheers, JV

Hello! I have the Phantom 3 Standard so there isn't an HDMI module for that model correct? The AuraVisor does have Wi-Fi built in, why wouldn't it connect to the phantom, just curious?

Hi BeauS, I can not be sure about a module for the Phantom 3 Standard I know the module is available for the P3A and P3P but not models before.
You may need to check with DJI.
Regarding Wi-Fi, the Phantom 2 Vision + uses Wi-Fi through a mobile phone so maybe the AuraVisor will work with this model (I will do some research
on that for myself as I have a Vision +) but again not sure about the Standard 3.
I am sorry I can not be clearer for you on your model so it might be worthwhile to check with DJI.
Cheers, JV

Hi BeauS, I can not be sure about a module for the Phantom 3 Standard I know the module is available for the P3A and P3P but not models before.
You may need to check with DJI.
Regarding Wi-Fi, the Phantom 2 Vision + uses Wi-Fi through a mobile phone so maybe the AuraVisor will work with this model (I will do some research
on that for myself as I have a Vision +) but again not sure about the Standard 3.
I am sorry I can not be clearer for you on your model so it might be worthwhile to check with DJI.
Cheers, JV
I think the AuraVisor may run Litchi and the VR mode, but will it connect to the Phantom through Wi-Fi? Even if it does, would my Tab S2 be a better FPV device?

You will need a travel battery operated wifi router at site. Create a wifi and connect your tablet and AuraVisor on the same Wifi network and then share the video. Its doable.

Last edited:
The AuraVisor does have Wi-Fi built in, why wouldn't it connect to the phantom, just curious?
It probably could, but the last time I flew my P3S, I recall the tablet connected via Wi-Fi, except the tablet has touch screen. See where I'm going with this? If you can connect the AuraVisor via Wi-Fi, wouldn't this headset essentially be functioning as a tablet per se? Or do you suppose you'll still be able to use your tablet and some how also view the P3S camera on the headset? If it would work, I believe the connection would be either the tablet, or the AuraVisor, not both. And I'm sure the AuraVisor isn't touch screen. Not sure if you would want that anyway - unless you connect a Bluetooth mouse to select items in the DJI Go App.

Similarly, I attempted to use a WeCast (Link) to cast my tablet (Android) to a 7" screen (Link) but no matter what I tried, it would not cast. I was hoping this set up would work for wireless FPV. I'll try this again when my Eachine Goggles I just ordered arrive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers