"The aircraft is in a Warning Zone (Class D). Fly with caution here."

Reaction score
I get this because there is a small airport about 4 miles away.
My question is what does it mean?
Height restriction?
Don't fly at all?
I couldn't find reference to this Class D in the manual.

I believe Class A and B are no-fly zones.
Is there a Class C?

If you're flying for fun as a hobbyist, you should notify the airport if you are flying within 5 miles of it. No need to worry about what Class A,B,C, etc. are unless you are flying for commercial purposes.

If you're flying for fun as a hobbyist, you should notify the airport if you are flying within 5 miles of it. No need to worry about what Class A,B,C, etc. are unless you are flying for commercial purposes.

Thanks. I wonder if they'll want a specific flight plan or just give me restriction parameters such as altitude?

By the way I'm assuming you're in the US? Your obligations could be much different in a different country. If you're in the states, call the airport manager and tell them what time, place, altitude (under 400ft or lower if you so choose), you'll be flying. They can tell you no, btw.

By the way I'm assuming you're in the US? Your obligations could be much different in a different country. If you're in the states, call the airport manager and tell them what time, place, altitude (under 400ft or lower if you so choose), you'll be flying. They can tell you no, btw.

Yes...USA. Thanks for the info.

Actually, they can 'ask' you not to fly and should give you a reason. If you fly anyway, the FAA may decide that you were operating recklessly. And as a hobby flier, you can fly in Class C, D and E within 5 miles of the airport with just a notification. I usually just made a phone call. The FAA has come out that all flying within Class B airspace requires prior approval and the consensus is that that approval has to be obtained through the on-line application process. If the airport is actually Class D, that means that it has a tower and you have to notify both airport operations and the tower before you fly.

Reactions: SHRED
I must be doing something wrong, my app will want you that your in a no fly zone, it will also lock me out, there is a little County airstrip by me with no tower and it still will not let me use the app. I have talked to the commission and they said it's okay to fly, but the app will still keep me locked out, how do you unlock the warning?

I must be doing something wrong, my app will want you that your in a no fly zone, it will also lock me out, there is a little County airstrip by me with no tower and it still will not let me use the app. I have talked to the commission and they said it's okay to fly, but the app will still keep me locked out, how do you unlock the warning?

Have you tried turning off Geofencing on the controller? I turned mine off and all I get is a confirmation box I have to check and then I can fly.

If you give us the location that you are attempting to fly in, I can see what is going on, for you. It sounds to me like you are with-in a valid No-Fly area that has nothing to do with your local airport, and you just do not realize it.

If you give us the location that you are attempting to fly in, I can see what is going on, for you. It sounds to me like you are with-in a valid No-Fly area that has nothing to do with your local airport, and you just do not realize it.

I flew a commercial mission this weekend in a Class D airspace (it actually reverts to Class G on the weekends but DJI Go doesn't know that) and got the same warning. I had no trouble taking off or anything, just acknowledged the prompts and carried on with my mission.

Height restriction?
Don't fly at all?

Is there a Class C?
Height restriction?
Don't fly at all?

Is there a Class C?
I flew my mavic for the first time at altitude for the first time from a school’s parking lot. It gave a me warning. I don’t remember which Class. But on my controller, there was a Waring Beep w/Picture of a Airplane. Because I was looking down at controller, I didn’t notice a low flying Airplane passing by. My wife did. So if you receive waring with pic of Airplane on controller, one is flying near.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen