That new upgrade ...

Reaction score
... I am wondering how many of us are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see how this puppy , (the new upgrade), works out, ????? We HAVE been advised to wait a few days when these things appear.
: ^ O (!)

I'm tell ya man. I was Leary and gave it hell and it works very well. No issues

All is good for me too.

I did it went without a hitch follow me was pretty cool. Point of interest work well. The waypoint worked but you have to fly the waypoints first to save. That to me does not make sense. I would like to plan the waypoints before you get there. Oh well not issues with the update.

The success stories are encouraging. I am currently out of the US without my P3, and I was following some of the threads from here in the Taipei airport while waiting for my next flight. The issues I have been reading about (wont upgrade, bricked, no video, unstable video, etc) had me worried. Hearing the good with the bad is most helpful.

I'll be flying with the updates tomorrow.

The actual update process (FW and app) was quick and easy.

I'm excited about trying the new flight modes, though I agree with others in saying that I'm disappointed in the waypoint mode...not really what I was hoping for.

Still, I really wasn't expecting this update to be released so soon so I'm liking what DJI is doing.

:harry

Since this update was pushed at to all 3 P3's at once with great fanfare, and PR, I suspect it was well vetted before release. Early reports confirm it is solid and doesn't steal any beloved features or hacks. A rollback option also now exists, just in case, so go ahead update,so you can enjoy all the new functionality! I'm doing mine now!:cool:

Everything is Breezy Man. It's one of those things where it either does work or it doesn't. This just happens to does... ;-)

Walk into the light, don't be afraid.
We are here to catch you, if you should ever stumble. Hahaha

Here, hold my hand, while I guide you through your turmoil...
It's another WIN, from @dji.

RedHotPoker

I formatted a card, but the .bin on it, stuck it in the bird, turned it on, it started updating, 11 minutes later got the D...D.D I don't know why it is so hard for some. ??

Everything seems to be working only glitch so far is I can not set a speed for poi flight.

Updated....DJI GO APP controller Still showing update required when I turn on unit... but when checking ABOUT feature on app says I have latest firmware. I know the controller is still the same update. This issue has happened ever since I downloaded last controller update. Ive heard I'm not the only one. Not sure how to fix it. I just fly it. The ABOUT shows it updated. frustrating

I don't have a choice, I'm away working in Amsterdam until Friday, so at least I can see what niggles have arisen.

On a bonus though, the trade show I'm working on this week is called IBC (google it), and a DJI have a 180m2 stand, so if I get time I'll go and have a look what is on offer and see what freebies I can blag !!

The success stories are encouraging. I am currently out of the US without my P3, and I was following some of the threads from here in the Taipei airport while waiting for my next flight. The issues I have been reading about (wont upgrade, bricked, no video, unstable video, etc) had me worried. Hearing the good with the bad is most helpful.
Of course. That's great for the folks it works well with. We're all glad for them. But some or many of us are having problems.

Everything running pretty smooth on my end as well @grrquadman Don't know what you're waiting on to upgrade, you sure could be using some of these cool features.

I upgraded and had no issues at all. The Only thing I found is that the beeping continues even after the solid green light indicated the upgrade is complete. If you don't watch for it the camera gimbal can get very warm. No RC upgrade required with this one and batteries seemed to upgrade with no issues....three batteries of flight later and all is beautiful. I actually thing the controls are more responsive now too.

Upgrade went well for me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to use follow me successfully as I received an error message when trying to engage. First I was too low then an error came up that I can't remember what it said. But she went up and came back down safely so it was a good flight with positive upgrade results

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.