That Litchi app is pretty cool.

I am about to get Litchi - is the Beta version free?
Also I have never updated my P3 - is that ok?
No and no. The latest public firmware is required.

How far did it get from you?

I think you're referring to me?

In a straight line, the creek was 1.2km from my house, but the total round trip I took in Litchi was 3.8km.

I want to sent it on a further run, maybe about 6 to 8km, but I would have to be careful with the outdoor temperature. I'm afraid if it's too cool, it will reduce the possible flight time. I've done a 8.6km straight line round trip before, with battery to spare using the DJI GO app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberto Mello
I am about to get Litchi - is the Beta version free?
Also I have never updated my P3 - is that ok?
Its of no extra cost if u buy the normal version first then u can apply to become a beta tester

in what way(s) is it better?
I think he possibly means the extra ground station functionality. I also find its generally a slightly better option on an Android device, in that the video feed is slightly smoother and more stable. I still use both though, and Go is still the best for manual flying imo.

Downloaded Litchi yesterday and flew with it twice. Pretty easy to use.
I made this video today while trying out Litchi for the second time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice video. As others said try banked turns.

Next, get yourself a Google Cardboard headset (around $20 on aliexpress.com) and try VR mode. Since you have to use 640x480 preview, the range isn't as good, but it is pretty fun.

Nice video. As others said try banked turns.

Next, get yourself a Google Cardboard headset (around $20 on aliexpress.com) and try VR mode. Since you have to use 640x480 preview, the range isn't as good, but it is pretty fun.
I want to get one if those Fatshark goggles and plug it into the HDMI thingy I installed.

Downloaded Litchi yesterday and flew with it twice. Pretty easy to use.
I made this video today while trying out Litchi for the second time.

Here's my Focus Mode test

What about RTH ( return to home) if no signal happen when waypoints to far away?
It will just carry on with the mission, unless you flick to P mode, at which point it will then return to home if there's still no rc connection. Either way, it comes back in the end, you just have to trust the technology. And make sure your RTH height is high enough, obviously!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prometheus_Xex
I've been using Litchi for awhile and can't find anyway to make the track (trail) it's in DJIGo. Also keeping the maps to keep the arrow and home point visible requires me to pinch in and out? Am I missing something?

I've been using Litchi for awhile and can't find anyway to make the track (trail) it's in DJIGo. Also keeping the maps to keep the arrow and home point visible requires me to pinch in and out? Am I missing something?
Not sure about your first question, but the way to make the map auto zoom is to click on the compass icon on the top right of the screen. This locks the orientation to North and forces the map to zoom in and out depending on where the bird is. Assuming you've checked map auto zoom that is.....With the map locked North you might find it a bit disorientating at first, but you'll slowly gravitate to using the radar more which is incredibly useful to have on the same screen. I'm on Android by the way.

Thanks! The other question was the trail? line that DJI Go uses to show your route and straight line back. Does Litchi offer that?

Thanks! The other question was the trail? line that DJI Go uses to show your route and straight line back. Does Litchi offer that?
Not that I've seen. I would like that too. I believe auto pilot has that. I use litchi for waypoint missions, the ios version. I'm not comfortable using it for just flying because I absolutely prefer that home point anchor line that the go app provides while I fly.

Reactions: JickMagger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers