That $50 eBay Phantom Case...How do you store the props?

Reaction score
So I got one of those $50 phantom carriers. I didn't read any reviews before I pulled the trigger, but so far I really like it. My wife was complaining about drone stuff everywhere so its nice to just bag everything up safely when not in use and it works well for trips to the park as well.

My only gripe is one that could go for all carriers that require removal of the props. Where do you store them when its packed? This one doesn't have a good spot because the bag is not deep enough to store then vertically and there isn't enough room or any cut outs to lay them flat.

As of right now I have been wrapping them in a fedex bubble wrap bag and putting them in the bags front pocket. It works well enough, but my fear is that with the props bumping into each other when I'm on the move it will cause them to become out of balance and possibly even damaged. Plastic on plastic bumping around. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Attachments

• DJIBag.jpg
    DJIBag.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 510
Creek.Jumper said:
Does yours not have the zipper pocket in the front? Thats where I put mine.

Yes, that was the crutch of my complaint. I put them in the front pouch in padded bubble pouch for extra protection, but I'm afraid that banging against each other they will cause damage to one another while being transported.

...and the last thing I want to do is use a separate bag for the propellers. The point of buying this thing was to have everything in one place.

How about cutting out a pocket in between the front and rear arms you'll lose the battery slot but the props will be in the case safe . Thats the way my GP cases store the props I made them a little deeper so I can get 8 in them I take my props off when in the case even tho I can leave them on I just fill better with them off .

What if you use a rubber band to keep them together? I cant see much damage happening unless you are super rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1