Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

I still have the 1.1.9 bin on the memory card and the Phantom is turned on inside a bedroom. 2x front arms are red and back 2 arms are blinking red and green and yellow. Theres a chirping sound but not like any of the updating sounds.

You phone is the only thing that is having issues... the transmitter obviously works fine. Take away the phone and you have no issues. Add the phone and you have issues... whats to blame? The only variable!

Phantom 3 is blinking red, green and yellow. From what I understand this is a Naza IMU calibration error. Won't even allow me to open up camera view. Everything was working perfectly find before. Now that theres a new app all of sudden pilot and won't connect or anything. Hm strange yeah must be the phone.

You mentioned that you factory reset the phone, then updated OS back up to 5.x. When you updated the OS, did it also update Google Services by chance? I'd try rolling Google Services back to factory and see if that does the trick before starting to pull your hair out.

Yeah let me just pull that out of my back pocket. stop trolling. I have a bricked drone and want it fixed. Dont want to be told to use another drone.
Not trolling. Im amazed at the amount of people that buy ONE drone that is flying ok, just before an important event, upgrade software without testing...get to the job and have problems. Then, it may not even be the drone.. Hey I just got a drone with a camera. How much money can I make? I have been doing service business for over 40 years. I always have a backup for important tools with me. Guess ya gotta learn the hard way .

You mentioned that you factory reset the phone, then updated OS back up to 5.x. When you updated the OS, did it also update Google Services by chance? I'd try rolling Google Services back to factory and see if that does the trick before starting to pull your hair out.

I'm not sure how to roll google services back to factory. But, from what I understand you can't download DJI Pilot app or DJI Go or use any other services basically without google services being installed and up to date.

Not trolling. Im amazed at the amount of people that buy ONE drone that is flying ok, just before an important event, upgrade software without testing...get to the job and have problems. Then, it may not even be the drone.. Hey I just got a drone with a camera. How much money can I make? I have been doing service business for over 40 years. I always have a backup for important tools with me. Guess ya gotta learn the hard way .

I never upgraded software before event. I left same firmware and software that was working perfectly fine on my P3P. If you actually read this post and stopped trolling you would have noticed that. But continue to troll and continue to get reported doesn't bother me.

I downloaded pilot app first, realized I had lag and disconnect issues, then rolled back Google Service. App worked fine after that.

There are links to how to do it. I gotta run back to work, can't look it up at the moment. I'm sure someone else can point you to one of the brief tutorials on here.

I downloaded pilot app first, realized I had lag and disconnect issues, then rolled back Google Service. App worked fine after that.

There are links to how to do it. I gotta run back to work, can't look it up at the moment. I'm sure someone else can point you to one of the brief tutorials on here.

ok thankyou. I googled it and says to go to settings>app>google services and uninstall google service updateds. Except it won't allow me to click that option.

I still have the 1.1.9 bin on the memory card and the Phantom is turned on inside a bedroom. 2x front arms are red and back 2 arms are blinking red and green and yellow. Theres a chirping sound but not like any of the updating sounds.

This may sound stupid, but did you turn on USB debugging, after factory reset on phone?

Reactions: SENC
Did you try re-linking the RC to the P3?

I have not, I will look into that now. I'm on chat with DJI customer support now too and see what they have to say. But, from what I understand the relinking the RC to the P3 is just if they are not connecting. They connect and I'm able to CSC to start the motors and CSC to kill the motors. I just cant record or have POV through the mobile device.

I have not, I will look into that now. I'm on chat with DJI customer support now too and see what they have to say. But, from what I understand the relinking the RC to the P3 is just if they are not connecting. They connect and I'm able to CSC to start the motors and CSC to kill the motors. I just cant record or have POV through the mobile device.

You have to re-link, to get the software working, with the P3

Try the re-link. Sometimes needed after a firmware update

I would check where the DJI Go app is installed then I would uninstall it, go back into your files system and check that the files are all deleted, then I would re-install the app. I would backup all my files from SD card then format it. The bin file left in the SD card may cause this issue too. If your bird has a later firmware version but the 1.1.9 bin is in there that may be issue, or you are trying to fly with an DJI Go but have 1.1.9 bin file in the SD card...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl