Thanks to you guys

Reaction score
Ok after my first week of having my Phantom and way too much free time ... once I finally got off the ground
lets just say I am hooked... Good Lord what a great time...

I appreciate all of the help thus far
The forum is full of amazing information and assistance.

Here is one of my first attempts at flying and filming .. just getting started and loving it
More to come
Tell me what you think.

yeah sorry .. was working on it ... added it but it didn't attach... goonna give it another go

SOGdrone1 said:

Not bad, a few suggestions (my preferences) With music like you have used gives a soothing atmosphere however the transitions are harsh in comparison, I would have used soft transitions, a slow to medium fade from one scene to the other.

when in flight try and keep movements to a minimum small jerky adjustments of the bird do not translate well onto video. Practice should enable you to do turns smoothly.

With video the whole idea is to keep things flowing and keep it interesting.

Practice makes perfect and I need a whole lot more myself.

Enjoy you bird, they are great and have opened up a whole new era for video.

Thanks
I am having loads of fun... Still getting the hang of the flying bit...
I am happy that even though I am still learning how to control the bird I still can get lucky with some footage at times..

My first flight out ... I did not use the prop guards ... silly me. tipped over like clockwork ..
Put the guards on and not issue since. tipping over wise. 'I will use them as training wheels for now. just because.

I will need to look into doing the range extender mod as well as the tx as I am having difficulty with signal loss and video reception to my tablet and phones. I don't want to lose signal and./or control of the bird within the distance I am hoping to be able to fly.... nothing more than 2 miles I would be happy with... Safely while retaining control and fpv .. this would be awesome.

Any suggestion? FPVLR?

Keep the prop guards on and fly low and close by. Flying low and close with prop guards will minimise quick descents as the prop guards promote VRS (the deadly prop wash).
With the prop guards, practice catch landings to preserve the props and dreaded tip over. Long term, it will save your camera from bounce landings. Be very careful and research how to catch. It's a breeze and many do it on this forum.
With 3.06 firmware, you just need to keep the phantom's altitude still for 3 or more secs and the motors will power down automatically.
Also, look into a FPV booster app that will increase the power in the wifi. This should get you into the 500m range before video drops.

And PS, when taking off prop guards, remember to use the original supplied screws. The long ones that come with the guards will protrude into the motor and cause irreversible damages.

Mako79 said:
Flying low and close with prop guards will minimise quick descents

Quick descents? There's no need to minimise quick descents.
DJI has completely prevented the possibility of quick descents already.

Mako79 said:
And PS, when taking off prop guards, remember to use the original supplied screws. The long ones that come with the guards will protrude into the motor and cause irreversible damages.

Been there, done that. Now I know how to replace a motor. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20