Thanks to the moron who just flew his drone near LaGuardia airport

Drones are a horrible epidemic and they must be stopped! Now!!

You don't notice this narrative when reading or watching media reports of drones?

It is implied. To the already wary it just reinforces their feeling of distrust and even disgust that they might already feel. Until the media starts reporting more of the positive aspects of drones; like when they are used to make lives better and maybe even saved; the narrative will continue to imply negative vibes.

The result is exactly the same.

What result is that? If drones are to get banned, I'll be more likely to blame it on the LaGuardia moron than the media.

I don't want an idiot-operated drone in the flight path of any plane in which I'm a passenger.

Reactions: Turdle
It is implied. To the already wary it just reinforces their feeling of distrust and even disgust that they might already feel. Until the media starts reporting more of the positive aspects of drones; like when they are used to make lives better and maybe even saved; the narrative will continue to imply negative vibes.

You're not looking.

Google it ('Positive drone stories').

Reactions: GoodnNuff
What is the agenda?

Anytime you start interfering with public safety and especially passenger aviation you're going to draw attention.

I guess your not familiar with the drive by media's constant desire to fuel the negative outlook on life via upsetting and bad news stories? You must not get out much. Its basically been that way since 9/11.

They don't like good and uplifting news stories, it doens't get viewers. Bad and upsetting news like drones killing people does

ou're not looking.

Google it ('Positive drone stories').

Yeah I know about the positive stories and where to find them. Tell that to the media and have them start googling for them. How many positive news stories do you see or read about from the mainstream media? I mean the ones that you don't have to google to see. The ratio of negatively implied news drowns out the positive news stories. That is my point, not that there isn't any good news.

Thanks guys.

I don't feel the media is the problem.

Over & Out

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I dunno whats funnier. People being stupid with drones or other drone owners butt hurt reactions.

R/C copters/planes have been around for decades and did the FAA ban the living crap out of them? Nope. And you can restrict drone usage to the moon but stupidity will always remain a constant.

It will level out one way or another.
Like already stated RC's before all this Technology took skill to fly . When you take the time learning how to operate & build your RC you had respect and common courtesy for flying . Now anyone can spend some money and fly and I mean anyone no skill needed no respect given .
To those that think the media dose not influence the way people look at us or laws get made up all I can say is wow come out from under the rock . To say it's funny when people do dumb things or when someone says how they fill about it puts you as part of the problem .

Reactions: Hughie and cjmwales
No.

I guess you see what you look for.

There's tons of positive information out there.

No need to feel insecure about this industry. It's not going anywhere.

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"
The Boxer
Simon and Garfunkel

Local news reporting this happened over Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Not that close to LGA but many inbound flights do track over that part of Brooklyn. Further reports mention the UAV was around 2700 ft.

Like already stated RC's before all this Technology took skill to fly . When you take the time learning how to operate & build your RC you had respect and common courtesy for flying . Now anyone can spend some money and fly and I mean anyone no skill needed no respect given .
To those that think the media dose not influence the way people look at us or laws get made up all I can say is wow come out from under the rock . To say it's funny when people do dumb things or when someone says how they fill about it puts you as part of the problem .

Model rockets have been around for decades that can easily reach heights of modern airplanes and no incidents. So...... try again?

Model rockets have been around for decades that can easily reach heights of modern airplanes and no incidents. So...... try again?
You are going to need some muscle balm after that stretch...

Model Rockets? Now the analogies are just getting insipid.

The obvious: You can't control the flight or the altitude of a model rocket, let alone hover in place.

So....try again?

Reactions: Hughie and 750r
People drive drunk, speed, text while driving, etc, etc, etc.
They are dealt with on an individual basis.
Do something really stupid with a quad.
Pay the price.
You simply can't inject someone with common sense.

As Ron White puts it so well

"You can't fix stupid.....Stupid is foreeevaaa!"

People are able to kill themselves on a swing set.
There's no sense in taking these stories seriously, news outlets have a long record of lies and hype, especially around summer when there's nothing to report on. Who knows what actually happened...
I wouldn't even post a link to those kooks, most of them get traffic and can see which stories are popular and charge more for advertisements.

People are able to kill themselves on a swing set.
There's no sense in taking these stories seriously, news outlets have a long record of lies and hype, especially around summer when there's nothing to report on. Who knows what actually happened...
I wouldn't even post a link to those kooks, most of them get traffic and can see which stories are popular and charge more for advertisements.

Hey, its this **** that the drive by media feeds and thrives off of.

I thought you cant fly Phantoms within 5 miles of an airport because the firmware won't let you?
Well we do not know what he was flying & if it was a phantom could have been in manual or on a older firmware . The phantom is a poster child for anything "Drone" ;)

Can you point to a specific item in the referenced report to support this?
Can you point to "any" instance of a toy copter bringing down a commercial aircraft?

Tom cited Collision or Ingestion is a big concern (problem).

It would likely bankrupt any individual found responsible.
As well it should, for anyone dumb enough to fly that close to an airport. There needs to be examples made of, starting very soon. How else are we going to put some kind of barrier between the good and stupid?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj