Thanks for letting me join.. Help needed if you can

Reaction score
I been flying Toy drones for a while and decided to step up and buy a real one, so i have saved up my pennys and brought a phanton 2v+

The Quadcopter flys great with no issues but the camera and gimble are toast i was wandering if anyone can point me in the right direct to getting some help repairing it i have tried a few people local (wolverhampton uk) but all i get is a stock answer of ohhh its discontinued sorry cant help
can some one please help me restore this sick Phantom to its former glory ?
Thanks Daz

Thank you Bob,
I am a little scared of what sort of cost this repair is going to cost lol
But i love this bird, it may not be as priddy as yours .... but it flys well and i think she needs someone to give her some tlc
i was looking at the sd card and her last owner was hell bent on breaking her i think spent more time on her props and side than her feet :/

I been flying Toy drones for a while and decided to step up and buy a real one, so i have saved up my pennys and brought a phanton 2v+

The Quadcopter flys great with no issues but the camera and gimble are toast i was wandering if anyone can point me in the right direct to getting some help repairing it i have tried a few people local (wolverhampton uk) but all i get is a stock answer of ohhh its discontinued sorry cant help
can some one please help me restore this sick Phantom to its former glory ?
Thanks Daz
Dazza,
You may check on ebay and just purchase a replacement gimbal camera. 3 wire connections and you are back running

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RLA Thanks for the reply but i have been scouring ebay for a replacement part ... one guy today Quoted me 429GBP... i Can get a new P3 For that !!
But the guy did say that the P2 V+is basicly a P3 Standard so .... IDK just seeing what options i have i guess

Also this bird is stock in every way ... i switched the screws to FCC mode and sent her out into Shropshire uk and i got to 1300m before i thought thats enough and called her back lol

what about it doesn't work
Well Bill,
I have telemetry. No camera output or gimble controls
I took the back off the camera to see if it was a loose wire or something .. looks like the previous owner used a 10lbs lump hammer on the ribbon clip ... welol I guess it's a clip it's gone .. also the one on the main board is "missing" too

I been scratching around on ebay trying to find a new one found one in Germany for 185 euro but a little worried just incase thats broken ... so basically looks like i may just bite the bullet and send the gimble back to DJI and hope the repair is not to pricey

best to try looking for a used gimbal/camera that works. But then you have to wonder about the wifi module working. If your module is version 3 you have a good chance of it working. version 3 has holes in the module cover.

Bill not sure Sir,
i guess its working because i have telemetry .. and for a slit second once i did have a video thats why i was thinking a loose wire?
tbh i am still finding my feet with all this i am used to flying toys "Syma x5 .. extended the range to 250m so kinda got me addicted i then moved onto a iDrone i8 that was full fpv and had range of 350m things are escalating lol i got a P2 V+ now but feel a P3 or P4 might be comming later this year

Well I have News !! DJI Fixed my gimble my bird can see again !! I was concerned about the cost tbh as DJI would not give me a estimate or even a guide to cost ... so imagine my surprise when it came home free Today is going to be a flyday as we only have winds of 4 / 5 mph !!
Thanks for everyones help
Daz :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Awsome news mate. For future if you need to buy parts really good quality and really cheap then try bangood.Com or aliexpress. You will be amazed at how cheap the price is. Comes from China and can take a few weeks to reach England but believe me... Well worth it

I got my phone from gearbest (ulefone power) and I have to admit the Chinese really have better deals then what we have here in UK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20