Thanks DJI.........

Reaction score
I don't get it... have my company's P4 so I can upgrade the firmware... spent HOURS over 3 days trying to get it to work... used both the GO app and DJI Assistant, multiple devices, multiple computers, multiple cables, multiple SD cards and kept getting all sorts of error messages and not being able to download past 0%... finally said "f it" and went to just fly it around (still flew fine on old firmware)... started the motors and the red upgrade prompt showed up on the GO app equipment screen... I couldn't believe it... I clicked and it uploaded quickly... I don't believe it... all set and working great... but I still prefer just putting the bin file on the SD card!!!

I have followed many woes of trying to get systems to update and seems, is or was a major complaint of owners. Now if it will update at a touch of the screen more are going to complain when DJI starts buckling to complaints of the government and start adding more no fly zones etc etc.

I must say, I do not like how clunky and confusing the upgrade process is. I have had my bird 2 days. Been trying to upgrade for both of these days. All I want to do is fly this thing

Is the reason for the one click update that started this thread?

I received notice on my iPad that the Bird needed new firmware as well as the controller.

From that screen, I was able to tell it to download the controller upgrade. However, it was telling me I had to go to the home page to download the firmware for the Bird.

I took it to indicate I needed to go to their website, download and install the firmware. In reality, all they wanted me to do was go back one screen and do the firmware from that page (Have not tested this yet, will when I get home.).

So I downloaded the go app. I tried upgrade to upgrade from that app. The App just spins and spins and spins until it times out.

Make sure you do the Phantom first or the remote won't be able to connect to it. I did the last update that way and it all worked fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20