thank you phantom pilots for all the help, im sorry for being a tool

Reaction score
So I'm not sure why I'm even bothering with this, its not like anyone can do anything but I have to get it out my system

I officially hate dji!!!!
I am not in the same financial class as most of you, I have been on disability for 5 years thanks to a drunk driver, so I saved for months to get this drone. I wanted it extremely bad and was so happy to have it. now I hate it.

Before I bought the drone I asked if I could use a windows device and was told yes
I bought the drone last week and still cannot turn it on.
I used the list I fond here and found an Acer icons tablet which just came in and it says it is not compatible with the dji app.
So I am 1k invested into a drone THAT I CSNT EVEN POWER ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO | DJI Phantom Forum

OK, IM STILL ANGRY I STILL HATE DJI I STILL HATE TECH SUPPOR PEOPLE THAT HANG UP AND SALES PEOPLE WHO LIE TO ME
everyone gets what they want and money out of my pocket and I get a pile of plastic I can't use.

drones plus, they know I was told the same thing dji tech support said- "there is a list of approved devices on the dji website"

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Firebird. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. Sorry it's under these circumstances.

I know when I purchase an item, especially an expensive item I tend to research the heck out of it before I buy. I would of hoped you did the same and looked at the list of devices that it is compatible with prior to purchase. Some devices not on the list will still work so hopefully your will. I believe you will need either an Android device or an iOS device. Do you have either?

Reactions: Ariel@Hivemapper
yall might wanna edit that device list though. its the first one on the android device list.
just sayin. .... For the next guy

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Firebird. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. Sorry it's under these circumstances.

I know when I purchase an item, especially an expensive item I tend to research the heck out of it before I buy. I would of hoped you did the same and looked at the list of devices that it is compatible with prior to purchase. Some devices not on the list will still work so hopefully your will. I believe you will need either an Android device or an iOS device. Do you have either?

AS STATED IN MY OP
I asked a salesperson at the drone store if it would work with Windows...he said yes
I then bought the Acer icons on your list and it says the device is not compatible

you're right though, I have no reason to be angry, I should have done more research, I'm just a stupid person.

I officially hate dji!!!!
Before I bought the drone I asked if I could use a windows device and was told yes

I used the list I found here and found an Acer Iconia tablet which just came in and it says it is not compatible with the dji app.
So I am 1k invested into a drone THAT I CAN'T EVEN POWER ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, IM STILL ANGRY I STILL HATE DJI I STILL HATE TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE THAT HANG UP AND SALES PEOPLE WHO LIE TO ME
everyone gets what they want and money out of my pocket and I get a pile of plastic I can't use.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Whoever suggested you could use a Windows device didn't know what they were talking about.
The P3 has only ever supported (some) Android and Apple devices.

Is the Acer Iconia a recent Android tablet that you have bought?

This website is in no way affiliated with DJI. Also, I believe you already told us your story last Friday with your other account.

Anyways, try to download the app in the store on the Iconia. See if it runs, if it does your good. DJI doesn't list them if they have not tested the device so it may work but not be on the list.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Whoever suggested you could use a Windows device didn't know what they were talking about.
The P3 has only ever supported (some) Android and Apple devices.

Is the Acer Iconia a recent Android tablet that you have bought?

Yes it is android. When I try and download the app it says "your device is not compatible"
Can't even download it

Make sure your Acer is on the most current software version....just a thought, worth a try maybe.
It is :((
I'm done with this... I never should have bothered with it.
Just didn't wanna see anyone else hey duped into the acer off that list

See mr mod, I'm not a terrible person, just a little emotional when I get lied out of my money.

Yes it is android. When I try and download the app it says "your device is not compatible"
Can't even download it
don't go through Google Play, download directly from DJI website. I'm sure the exact process, but it should be easy enough. Calm the hell down!

Can't even download it
I'm not sure that you have any reason yet to hate DJI.
If we can help you get in the air you may change that opinion.
I wouldn't give up yet.

That the Acer Iconia is shown in that thread suggests that someone has managed to get it to work.
I haven't used it so I can't assure you but it's worth trying a few different methods before giving up.

Rather than simply downloading to the tablet from the app store, you can also "sideload" an app by downloading the apk file on a computer, copying it to the tablet and running it in the tablet to load the app.

That would be the first thing I'd try.

Rather than simply downloading to the tablet from the app store, you can also "sideload" an app by downloading the apk file on a computer, copying it to the tablet and running it in the tablet to load the app.

That would be the first thing I'd try.

That was my idea...

You have to go to security setting and check the "Unknown sources". This will allow you to install the APK file from DJI.

jesus finally!!!!
had to go through chrome and finally after 5 days the thing is powered on!

aaaaand a new problem now the led lights on the remote are flashing really fast like a pulse and its beeping. The app is saying it can't find a remote.
- you know, I've never done drugs, hit a woman, stolen anything or even gotten in a fight. But everytime I try and get into some hobby it fights me.

thank yall, the remote is still dancing to disco but I've at least got it to power on.
going to see if tech support is actually useful tomorrow since the calibrate thingy didn't do anything.
sorry for being a male extremity.

good night

Come on back tomorrow, we'll try to get you up and running. Sometimes it just takes some time, there are so many variables between setups.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31