Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Thank you community. All updated.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by rowdyjim, Sep 9, 2015.

1. rowdyjim

Hello everybody, I have been on this forum now for nearly 2 months. I used to fly a ADX3 Droidworx with mikrokopter FC . I used this forum to convince me to sell all of my gear and buy a P3P.

I have read all of the ups and downs realting to firmware updates and was very concerned so I never updated the P3P from the box. I left it at 1.1.9 and only ever updated the app.

It just always worked and for my skills, did everything i needed. Only change i ever did was channel hack, but never have used that to potential because I have always flown LOS maximum 150m.

So with all of the new features I couldn't resist and updated everything to latest firmware. Everything went all smooth and updated perfectly. This was because of the forum, that I was confident and able to update. Did a quick test flight this afternoon and all went well.

So hopefully i haven't gone on about it too much but thought I'd just say thanks to the community and also wanted to post more positive vibes.
    Hopefully I can help out anyone with questions by posting on here as well.

Cheers from down under

Jim.

Lori, D4T_PoM, Cyclone and 1 other person like this.
  2. RoyVa

Welcome Jim, that's the game... Users helping users. And just for ole time sake remember what goes up must come down... Somewhere!

Cyclone likes this.
  3. rowdyjim

Thanks.....and yes I am very aware of the day it comes down. Its happened to me before with the mikrokopter due to pilot error. Just managing it as much as I can with pre checks / planned flight area etc...

4. Lori

Thanks for reporting back with your experience, I'm in the same situation, didn't want to upgrade from 1.1.9 that came in the box, but I think I will soon get 1.4.10.

5. rowdyjim

Can confirm two flights in so far and flies just as good and I now have better camera alignment. Not sure if it was because of firmware or the fact I tried the "face it north" trick when calibrating the gimbal after updates.