Thank you... and hello by the way

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking around phantompilots.com for the last month to learn more about DJI Phantom products and ended up buying the Phantom 2 Vision and received it a few days before Phantom 2 Vision+ was announced. :shock: I've seen quite a few posts from people who just like me bought the P2V just days before P2V+ was announced and were rather annoyed about the lack of information provided by DJI. Of course I would have waited if I had known about the imminent release of P2V+ but I must say that so far I really enjoy my new Quad-copter. It flies like a dream and instead of regretting my purchase I enjoy the fact that I received a model that has been tested and bug fixed enough to avoid the initial problem these products often turn out to have. So far I have discharged both batteries 9 times so I already have some experience and confidence flying it. The first time I plugged it to the Assistant Software I accidentally upgraded it to firmware 2.00 but I really like the limits functions this update came with. I don't see the point of upgrading to firmware 3.0 since there are no benefits for me and I risk ruining my perfectly flying machine. I keep reading horrifying post about Phantoms falling to the ground without any warning and I fear it will happen to my bird sooner or later but I have learnt a lot reading various post on here about what might prevent this from being the faith of my cherished toy. I just feel the urge to share my positive experience with my P2V and thank you all for the interesting posts and advice. :D

I believe I can fly...
Mads

First if all thanks for hanging up your lurking and Welcome to posting with us!

I don't think what you are feeling is uncommon MN. I think it's a combination of the negative posted stories we have read, that have been posted in here and the fact that you're flying a $1200 piece of equipment that you fear is seconds from falling out of the sky and becoming worthless...I know that is what the therapist I see for this problem has told me :D

It gets better after you get more hours flying. I have about 105 hours with mine & I am still very cautious and careful, but that OMG "is this thing going to fly away,fall out of the sky and hurt someone,and is that a FAA Investigator checking me out" feeling will get better after you get more hours stick time...
I know the time I now spend working or flying my P2V are the best hours of my day!
Moose

welcome to the forums.

That whole thing with waking up to stare at the quad in the middle of the night and dreaming about flying will pass soon... no it won't.

madsnielsen said:
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking around phantompilots.com for the last month to learn more about DJI Phantom products and ended up buying the Phantom 2 Vision and received it a few days before Phantom 2 Vision+ was announced. :shock: I've seen quite a few posts from people who just like me bought the P2V just days before P2V+ was announced and were rather annoyed about the lack of information provided by DJI. Of course I would have waited if I had known about the imminent release of P2V+ but I must say that so far I really enjoy my new Quad-copter. It flies like a dream and instead of regretting my purchase I enjoy the fact that I received a model that has been tested and bug fixed enough to avoid the initial problem these products often turn out to have. So far I have discharged both batteries 9 times so I already have some experience and confidence flying it. The first time I plugged it to the Assistant Software I accidentally upgraded it to firmware 2.00 but I really like the limits functions this update came with. I don't see the point of upgrading to firmware 3.0 since there are no benefits for me and I risk ruining my perfectly flying machine. I keep reading horrifying post about Phantoms falling to the ground without any warning and I fear it will happen to my bird sooner or later but I have learnt a lot reading various post on here about what might prevent this from being the faith of my cherished toy. I just feel the urge to share my positive experience with my P2V and thank you all for the interesting posts and advice. :D

I believe I can fly...
Mads

Hi and welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see you're enjoying flying your new P2V trouble free. Also in some ways you're better off that you didn't get the new version to that new CrippleWare they call firmware. Especially if you're in an area like NYC and surrounded by class A airports that would kill your flying enjoyment. Don't worry about using the newer version of the DJI app though, it works fine with the older firmware yet you get the benefits of improved functionality and higher FPV preview quality. Also there are a lot of mods you can do to your P2V when you're ready to give it even better range than the P2V Plus. Happy flying and welcome to the forum!

Maybe you can get more info about DJI from it's official site dji.com and facebook page: djiglobal.....Hope it can help you. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31