Texas State Parks - Petition to allow UAV's

Reaction score
I've started a petition for this online. Let's spread the word and see how many folks we can get to support us. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/423/670/874/allow-unmanned-aircraft-in-texas-state-parks/

The goal would be to get support from us pilots to help create a compromise that would allow folks to fly their drones in state parks so that we can get some unbelievable aerial shots in our awesome parks. And would allow for compromise for things such as minimum heights, skills, license, etc... that one would need in order to be able to fly. I relate this to getting a drivers license. We have to demonstrate our abilities and pay a fee for our license to drive in the State. We should have the same option for flying our drones.

Please support our cause and leave your comments here and on the petition site. We can then send this to our State Representatives and Senators to gain their support in changing the policy.

Thanks for your support.

Will be a tough sell. It would upset the visitors in their 50' foot RV's, dragging a trailer full of quad-cycles, motorcycles and various other "quiet" equipment for enjoying the scenery.

/sarcasm

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

Reactions: kpc001
Will be a tough sell. It would upset the visitors in their 50' foot RV's, dragging a trailer full of quad-cycles, motorcycles and various other "quiet" equipment for enjoying the scenery.

/sarcasm

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3
Right. Try camping at Goose Island State Park during duck season. From 4:30 to 7:00 AM you are awakened by the roar of dozens of air boats heading out.

Next they will be taking your aircraft so they can give it to someone who has a perceived need for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sabalon
I would sign it, but I am somewhat concerned about the licensing requirements. What is being suggested is only an open door to more bureaucratic oversight where it is not necessary. Once FAA regulations are in place, with drone registration already required, no further hoops need to be jumped through.

I've started a petition for this online. Let's spread the word and see how many folks we can get to support us. petition: Allow Unmanned Aircraft in Texas State Parks

The goal would be to get support from us pilots to help create a compromise that would allow folks to fly their drones in state parks so that we can get some unbelievable aerial shots in our awesome parks. And would allow for compromise for things such as minimum heights, skills, license, etc... that one would need in order to be able to fly. I relate this to getting a drivers license. We have to demonstrate our abilities and pay a fee for our license to drive in the State. We should have the same option for flying our drones.

Please support our cause and leave your comments here and on the petition site. We can then send this to our State Representatives and Senators to gain their support in changing the policy.

Thanks for your support.

Who is the one that abuses the trust and privacy of petitioners by coaxing them to vote for an old Bolshevik?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj