TEXAS - DFW area?

Coppell P3P. Really starting to get frustrated at not being able to find a place to fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agree. Around here, Far North Dallas, I have to go out either early or after sunset to be able to fly.

Coppell P3P. Really starting to get frustrated at not being able to find a place to fly.

Because you're close to DFW?

What about Grapevine Lake area? Flying over the water is a blast.

Because you're close to DFW?

What about Grapevine Lake area? Flying over the water is a blast.

Most of Lake Grapevine is under the DFW class B Area A no fly zone. Love my P3P but considering how much it costs and the challenges around finding a place to fly probably not my wisest purchase decision. Frustrating.

Take a little drive up north. After a while you'll get bored with the flat area. But it's a fun hobby.

Reactions: TXDrone
Any particular suggestions where? We should get a group together.

I've been wanting to go to lake texoma and get some video. I did a video not long ago over a lake area and was really surprised that I could catch and surpass some fast moving boats. I'd like to do it again and this time improve my video technique.

Each time I fly over water I get more comfortable with it and I have to say it's pretty fun. I did just buy a Getterback from Amazon as well. Probably a wise investment.

That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you ever want to pair up and drive up there. Be fun to compare notes. Keep in mind I'm a complete noob. Only 6 hrs total air time.

That sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you ever want to pair up and drive up there. Be fun to compare notes. Keep in mind I'm a complete noob. Only 6 hrs total air time.

Headed out on a business trip next week but I may try this later in July or maybe August. I'll ping you.

Keep flying if even very low altitude in a park or something just to get the hang of it. Be smart about flying in areas where there 'may' be restrictions. Planes don't fly below the tree line. I've flown around my home town in school parking lots and parks and keep the bird lower than some off the highway light poles. You will only learn by doing.

PM me if you ever plan to be in this area. I'll fly Erwin Park at times and it's safe there outside of restricted areas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic