Tethering yourGoPro

Reaction score
I want to tether my gopro to my Phantom while using the simple plastic camera holder that comes with my P1 in case of a crash. The bracket on quad has 3 ears and the holder has 2. I would assume the camera bracket ears would break first. Even if you tethered the holder to quad and it breaks because of a crash, the holder would pop open and the camera may go flying somewhere. So it would seem the tether needs to be connected to camera itself. But how?

Monte55 said:
I want to tether my gopro to my Phantom while using the simple plastic camera holder that comes with my P1 in case of a crash. The bracket on quad has 3 ears and the holder has 2. I would assume the camera bracket ears would break first. Even if you tethered the holder to quad and it breaks because of a crash, the holder would pop open and the camera may go flying somewhere. So it would seem the tether needs to be connected to camera itself. But how?

Really don't worry about. If phantom crash, the camera will loose near to it and you'll find it.
Better idea is to use the Gopro underwater case protector instead the simple plastic bracket.

Suptig-Underwater-Waterproof-Housing-Case-w-Glass-Lens-Gopro-3-HD-Compatible.jpg

The problem with that is the case weighs more than the camera. That takes a toll on flight time. I would use the case if there was a possibility of it getting wet.

Monte55 said:
The problem with that is the case weighs more than the camera. That takes a toll on flight time. I would use the case if there was a possibility of it getting wet.

Many Phantom owners (including me) preferer a shorter flight time ( 1 - 2 minutes) but in a crash event your GoPro will keeps intact. It is not only for Water Resistant events.

What are you talking about. The camera has no screw mount. Tethering to the mount does no good if it breaks apart. I'm talking about the simple mount. Even then if connecting to the holder screw and it breaks at the ears, you have saved nothing but that screw.

I have mounted my gopro with the gopro adhesive mounts and waterproof case. I then put a zip tie through the door hinge little bar and around one of the front phantom legs, this was a back up in case the adhesive gives out... but the gopro 3M adhesive is extremely strong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj