Tethered flight

Reaction score
Ok, this may sound silly but I have been thinking about this. I have a Phantom 1 that I fly and have no problems. I also have FatShark fpv but as you know I guess it's against the law now or at least in limbo. What if someone tethered their quad and did fpv. I would think the quad could easily pick up 500 feet of strong line....thin like fishing line. Would you be in violation.? If one had to go to a spot and use fpv to frame the shot but was tethered, is that against the law. Would a tethered quad fall under the same regulations as an untethered quad. Something to think about.

I'd be more worried about a tether line getting caught in the props. Especially if your heads buried in FPV - that could be catostrophic.
I think the away the FAA is meaning out of line of site you'ld be in violation. If you can see the aircraft without FPV then went to FPV to line up your shot - I don't think FAA would say anything. Right now who knows? FAA could try to ban pink stripes on Phantoms...

EMC's right, with some of the current statements and actions by the FAA it's hard to predict what tactic they'll try next. I don't think he was actually suggesting pink stripes will be the next target, but I don't think it would surprise a lot of us any more if it were.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4