Testors Models Master

Reaction score
Thinking about painting my Phantom. Would Testors Models Master Enamel suffice or would you recommend another type of paint? Please be advised I know nothing about "dipping" process.

I just used a non-metalic spray paint on mine. I'm sure there's other better ways to do it, but it worked fine for me. As for the prop tips, I just used a maker, but I heard using dye was much better. Also welcome to the forum!

20150210_230116_zpspbus91pj.jpg

Also, welcome to the forum!

There is another option that you might want to consider and that is skins. They are vinyl stickers and you can find plenty of them on EBay. Search for Phantom stickers. You can buy ones for the top, but not the bottom. Mine came with no instructions, but from You Tube and the photo on EBay, it isn't as difficult as it first looks. They also come off if you get tired of that look.

I want to paint the bottom, but I don't want to pull of the compass, etc, again! I did it once to put taller and wider skids on. Then, I realized it wouldn't fit into my new, metal case! So, I had to undo all of my work. If you do paint the top and bottom, look at some YouTube videos first. The top is easy. With the bottom, there is more work to be done.

Good luck! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers