Testing the "return to home" feature

Reaction score
I want to test the "return home" feature on the Phantom 2. Am I correct to just flip the remote control switch off while it's flying and that's it?
To regain control, do I just flip the S1 down??? Do you leave the S1 switch down for the rest of the flight or flip it right back up? Does the Phantom make a nice soft landing on its own, or are we risking a rough landing and possible damage in the return home mode?

Be sure to do it in an open area. It comes back, but not acurate to the foot. If you're slow about getting control back and it attempts to land you might land on a nearby tree.

Also make sure youre have enough altitude to clear anything in your vicinity. It will come back at the altitude you lose connectivity.

If you lose connectivity while the phantom is lower than 20m it will first climb to 20m before coming home. 20m is not really high enough for most places I fly.

My first flight was in my back garden, 5 minuets of hovering at eye level I decided to try the return to home, I didn't realize at the time it would ascend to 20 meters :eek: never been so scared watching it go up not knowing what it was going to do next, luckily it came down and landed on the lawn, it could have went so wrong to be honest and looking back was a stupid thing to do, like everyone else says only do it in an open space, I've had about 20 flights in since and I've never tried it again, I don't fly far enough for RTH to Kick in, it's just nice to know RTH is there and that's enough for me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20