Testing Itelite DBS Phantom 3 antenna

Looks like DBS isn't as great as everyone expected ;/
not really, I got 3km far with out any issue and 960M height never cut off, it is a very good not exspensive product, only 1/10 of the Drone,it is very light and no need to carry any extra battery to help to impove signal.
Old Chinese phases " One stone hits two birds at the same time".

Last edited:
Mine works great. Installed it last night and flew almost 14,000 feet. Not LOS flying either as I was flying out of a hole. I dropped down to 1 bar and went red for a moment going over high voltage towers 7000' away. I have never been able to get past these previously. As soon as I went over signal came back up and I continued to fly.

I have no doubt it will go over 3 miles easy but first time out I ran out of balls.

Looking forward to flying the P3 with the new Itelite P3 2.4Ghz Antenna
The quick mount is absolutely gorgeous

It is beautifully engineered and a snap to install

I have mounted it on my Handset with a amp that is already installed

I hope to fly it without amp and then with the amp. I have done the battery mod and get 25 minutes flying.

The British weather is pretty rubbish at the moment with 25mph gusts - so waiting for an ideal oppertunity to launch flight

View attachment 25120 View attachment 25121 View attachment 25122 View attachment 25123 View attachment 25124 View attachment 25125 View attachment 25126

^^^^^^^^^ For who for what????????

OK, so more testing I will try to finish up the video of my earlier flight but will finish with my thoughts on this upgrade. Yes upgrade, overall I think it has improved distance from what I was getting with stock antennas. While I don't think I picked up much in the way of penetration I did increase my distance in unobstructed linear flight. I also prefer the way it looks compared to stock. I would definitely recommend this for someone looking to change to what I believe is a better overall setup. Install is a breeze as long as you pay attention to the force you use and what your touching. I think on my part I'm a little disenchanted by the extreme variance people say they get from stock, I would think they would all be closer than what it appears. Never the less I have had great flight times, no issues with firmware and a better antenna. On the negative the only issue i have is my choice of device (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) which crashes the app for me to often. Now just waiting on my HDMI board, shipping says August 4th so Yeah!

G_d speed
Sheets7777

27400 feet... DBS Itelite antenna rocks. Anybody who wants to say this antenna cannot deliver?

5 mile flight.PNG

x8 speeded up Video - whole flight compressed to less than 3 mins

Last edited:
WOW. You made it all the way back? Home much battery at landing? Battery mod?

Yes all the way back - 11% left. Battery mod as described earlier in the post. There is x2 extra 1000ma batteries

Some questions:
I notice you use professional NBC (i think is like this its writen) for the conectors...are the cables from source amplifier to antena shield?

Also (difficult one) did you measure the SWR?

Questions from a hamm guy ;-)

Some questions:
I notice you use professional NBC (i think is like this its writen) for the conectors...are the cables from source amplifier to antena shield?

Also (difficult one) did you measure the SWR?

Questions from a hamm guy ;-)

Used standard cables from ebay. Didn't meassure SWR but that supplier has made excellent quality cables

Well it seems far superior to the original....
Makes me confusion people installin antenas without using shield cables from source until the antenna...
Other think it makes me big confusion, its see antennas mouted without "mass" as we call here, or a big stuff of metal, like yours, to conect the external protection shield cable....
Its very important to maintain a good SWR low indicator ;-)

Congratulations! BEst antenas i see here on the hobby ;-)

Well it seems far superior to the original....
Makes me confusion people installin antenas without using shield cables from source until the antenna...
Other think it makes me big confusion, its see antennas mouted without "mass" as we call here, or a big stuff of metal, like yours, to conect the external protection shield cable....
Its very important to maintain a good SWR low indicator ;-)

Congratulations! BEst antenas i see here on the hobby ;-)

All I can say is that the whole Phantom 3 lightbridge technology, the aftermarket antenna is simply amazing for a 20mw signal to travel over 5 miles with HD video, telemetry and RC control in real time. No boosters. If I added my amp which raises the signal to about 600mw you could imagine the range?

Yes i know.....but the important question is:

What would it happen if i change all cables, antena, and measure SWR to 0?

I tell you the answer - The distance would increase...

It reminds me a old storie on 80`s, with me and my father: We converted a 1 walkie talkies for children, removing the original telescopic antenna, for a big one tested before for 27MHZ....

I stayed on the base and we went far from car, with the new antenna walkie talkie....

From a 100 meters original antennas, the distance increase to 2/3km`s...or more.

In resume:
The importance is not the power out of a device, but have a good antenna very well tuned for the frequency in question...

Sorry my bad English, and not expressing me well on technical terms.... ;-)

Anyway.....so far, your MOD looks and irradiates very good quality!

Hello DBS/everyone,

Quick question: On the DBS ITELITE Antenna setup. for the SMA Port 1 and Port 2, are those broken down into RC TX and Video RX possibly?

The reason I ask is that I live in a remote area, and I want to put antennas on my roof with some 50 ohm cable to a yagi for the RC TX and a yagi or omni for the video and feed the cable a short distance to the inside to hook directly to the remote. I am hoping I can use this mod to plug in each roof antenna directly to Port 1 and Port 2.

And please save the lengthy responses about signal loss.

Ive already investigated signal loss and what cable to use. I have found numerous users that have success, and I am replicating their cable/antenna setup.

What I am asking here is are the DBS ITELITE SMA Outputs for Port 1 and Port 2 broken down to one RC TX and one Video RX on the Remote Control itself.

Last edited:
I am hearing reports on other threads they are not. What evidence are you going off of?
The antenna ports are the same . You are probably hearing people talk about their controllers . For me the right side is video and the left side is control.
It's easy to check to see which is which if you are using amps on your controller . The amp that's blue light is flashing very quick is the video side and the one that remains solid is the control . But the antenna ports are most definitely the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1