Testing Itelite DBS Phantom 3 antenna

I missed this post - here are the meassurements

I have to say at this stage I made a mod to the bracket. I bent the arm so that the height of the antenna was reduced and it was angled up.

Hence at the back it is 9 inches from the base of the tx and the front it is 8 inches. The antenna now is facing upwards at an angle. I estimate by bending the bracket I lost an inch of height.

bracket.jpg

Hi Mohan.

Would you please share with me the height in cm of the remote with the new antenna installed in order for me to check if I would still be able to close my case once put inside?

I have a Microraptor case as you can see from the below picture.

View attachment 25404

Last edited:
20,000 feet flight... this antenna is epic. flew it like stupid distances and signal bars strong. Dashwared it using the P3 flight recorder info.

DJI Pilot_20150723_185734.jpg

You tube video been uploaded

Reactions: phantom13flyer
mine comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to install this bad boy. I've watched the Youtube video on installation and it looks pretty straight forward for the most part. I'm not looking to set any crazy distance records like some people. I'll be happy if I can get rock solid signal within one mile distance through some trees if necessary.

Did somebody tested DBS antenna with latest firmware? I am intersted to see what range it is possible to achive with latest FW and Dji pilot 1.2.0 app

Installed not getting the results I was hopefully going to get. Will keep testing.

go for height - 350 feet minimum, get good clear view of sky and point it 45 degrees up - what distances did you get before? My stock setup did 10,000 to 12,000 feet on most days. Now doubled that distance.

go for height - 350 feet minimum, get good clear view of sky and point it 45 degrees up - what distances did you get before? My stock setup did 10,000 to 12,000 feet on most days. Now doubled that distance.
Which firmware and pilot app version are you using ? Thank you

FW 1.2.6 and I have never gotten over a mile and the app is the latest 1.2.0 I think. I'm using a Note 4 as well.

But is it possible to build a booster or amp on this kit ? I hear some People aint to happy with this mod how it is right now.

FW 1.2.6 and I have never gotten over a mile and the app is the latest 1.2.0 I think. I'm using a Note 4 as well.

I deliberately avoided updating past 1.19. I regret updating android past 1.07 when I had 32 channels

Anyone with the instructions or are they the same as the inspire.

They're the same as the Inspire. Only difference is the Inspire has a 5.8 transmitter module inside the controller that is not inside the Phantom 3 controller. One less thing to mess with.

Way to earlier to say . I need a lot more results . There's definitely a lot more people going 20k than isn't. And also all the problems with the firmware and app , there's just too many variables to say one way or the other . I'll hopefully have mine tested by next weekend and I'll post the results . I'm remaining optistmic still. I have amps ready to go if needed lol.

My ITELITE antenna should be here within the next hour, patiently looking out the front window for the mail lady...lol

Anyone who wants one, in the box, I can ship it out immediately and I'll only charge a hundred bucks! I decided to not do it.. Even though it's a great product and customer support, I just don't need the long range given my current needs. Haven't opened the box yet, just got it Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone who wants one, in the box, I can ship it out immediately and I'll only charge a hundred bucks! I decided to not do it.. Even though it's a great product and customer support, I just don't need the long range given my current needs. Haven't opened the box yet, just got it Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'll take it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj