Testing cheap dual OS tablet as FPV

Without a GPS sensor, you can't update your homepoint from the tablet.

Still... interesting for the price. My Tab Pro stutters with video, particularly when I yaw. :(

(And that's after rooting and optimizing.)

I got my hi8 today. initials tests = Zero LAG. Much brighter screen. Not ideal, but with a strong hood, not terrible. Much better than vi8. Performance is slick. The extra screen real estate is nice as well. w
Tablet comes with some spyware pre-installed. be sure to clean it up before logging into any accounts.

FYI- anti glare filters tend to reduce light output and actually hurt brightness. For optimal brightness just remove all protectors and invest in a deep hood. Sun is sun. not much you can do about it making screens more visible in strong sun.

Damm.....my Vi8 will have problems on the Sun....hope isn`t a big deal.....

Still waiting for it!!!

I got my hi8 today. initials tests = Zero LAG. Much brighter screen. Not ideal, but with a strong hood, not terrible. Much better than vi8. Performance is slick. The extra screen real estate is nice as well. w
Tablet comes with some spyware pre-installed. be sure to clean it up before logging into any accounts.

FYI- anti glare filters tend to reduce light output and actually hurt brightness. For optimal brightness just remove all protectors and invest in a deep hood. Sun is sun. not much you can do about it making screens more visible in strong sun.

After using my Hi8 for a week now I noticed I get a message - Throttling brightness due to thermal event, and the screen dims a bit, other than that I am still happy with it

Yeah. i got that occasionally on my vi8 and also my lenovo tablet (when playing games no-less). It seems to be an andoid power management/heat thing.
Haven't gotten it in the hi8 yet.

In some lenovo message boards people have stuck low-profile aluminum heat-sinks or invested in an aluminum case and that seems to have tackled the issue.

Update: Got the tablet today. Works really smooth with no bugs or lag (Android 4.4 with Pilot App 1.1.0). Great tablet! Really recommended! :D
Awesome - thanks for this good news... I spent last night researching a cheap tablet and finally opted for the Chuwi V10HD for $160 on banggood.com... that I purchased this morn... I took standard shipping - so i reckon 3 weeks till it gets here..

Have had my phantom 3 pro for 23 days approx and been using it with the Sony Xperia ZR... and it's a pain - terrible lag - plus with the video caching the internal card get's filled quite quickly... and i didn't find any option to save on the external card...

But that may be because I'm using DJI Pilot 1.1.0 - the lag in 1.2.0 was worse... and I'm also afraid to upgrade the firmware... - the P3 flies beautifully, and I read reviews of the TX being dead after the most recent firmware update... I have the 1.1.9 or smth of the sort... and can't risk having to send my P3 across the world to have it fixed...

How does the chuwi perform in bright sunlight? The Sony ZR was barely usable yesterday on my first p3 trip to the seaside... didn't dare to fly far away without a proper view... hence the purchase... though i felt it was a big gamble...

Glad to stumble on this thread now... so i know purchasing the Chuwi wasn't a mistake... Thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie