Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tested Android Go App with Acer Iconia 8 Tab

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by td619, Aug 16, 2015.

1. td619

I just bought an Acer Iconia 8 Tablet! I flew one complete 20 min session with no major errors. Everything was great but there was a major 10 sec. Delay when taking pictures. Also the live feed was not auto adjusting for light and objects. I had to keep tapping the screen to get the view to adjust. After the 20 min the tablet was cool and not hot.

Is this normal for the Android Tablets?

I have owned my P3A for about a month and I have been using the IPhone 5s witch has been flawless but just to small for viewing. So I tried this Acer Iconia for a cheap tablet with a larger view.

I will test again but I feel I need to get an IPad.

By the way I love my P3A and I'm impressed

Thanks
    Tommy

2. Chris Vedeler

I have been using the Acer Iconia tab 8 as my dedicated tablet for my P3P. I also have used my iPhone 6 but prefer my Acer due to the larger screen. If you touch the screen while recording it will use the area touched to set auto exposure. I have ruined a number of videos because of this and it sounds like what happened to you. When this happens, if you look closely you will see a little yellow box where you touched the screen with an X on the corner. Touch the X and it will go back to normal auto exposure. It has nothing to do with the tablet itself.

td619 likes this.
  3. RyanHK

The Acer Iconia is now on sale for $99 at Best Buy so I'm tempted to pick one up just for the P3A. But I've read in another group that a member says it will no longer work with the newest DJI Go app. Wondering if you guys are having issues now too.

4. Andrew Beaver

Did you ever buy the Acer? I am about to pull the trigger as well but don't want to if it doesn't work.

5. RyanHK

In the end I didn't. I was worried it might not work out so I went with the Nvidia Shield tablet at Best Buy or Newegg for $200. Most forums tend to agree that this one works very well. I used it with the newest update last week and it worked well.