Test your go home

UTR

Reaction score
Hi I am really new to the Phantom but I have been reading loads of threads with people having flyaways or the go home not working. I have spent today just testing out the go home and recovery and they haven't let me down yet. I would like to just make a suggestion to anyone who is unsure if they are setting the home point properly. Today I turned on my Phantom, waited 8-10 seconds to get gps lock, got a solid green light, started my motors, flew 10 feet away and then turned off my transmitter, counted to 3 and watched as my phantom rose 60ft in the air flew back the 10ft is had flown it then landed itself. After which I turned back on my transmitter and flew off safe in the knowledge that the home was set and working. If your not sure its working then this is a quick test. If your Phantom doesn't fly back switch to att mode and land it and start again.

I got my Phantom today so that it was just about in sight turned off the transmitter and watched it fly all the way back to me.

I did this too when I got mine couple weeks ago , was the first thing I tried :D

Bit nervous turning the controller off an watch it climb :lol:

A good suggestion, but conventional wisdom seems to indicate that turning off the transmitter isn't the best way to tets this. The Quick Start manual shows:

One position of switch S1 is set as “Failsafe” in the Assistant software, and you toggle the S1 to “Failsafe” position during flight.

The aircraft will slow down and hover. Then the system will enter failsafe mode after 3 seconds.

Switch the transmitter mode switch S1 to the middle position (ATTI. Mode), then you will regain control.

The manual also says:

We strongly recommend you DO NOT try “Turn off the transmitter”, because there are three types of risk:
(1) You must be pretty clear whether the Home-point is OK for landing or not. (You have to understand the definition of Home-point well and the working process of failsafe)
(2) If there are tall buildings around, the aircraft may be obstructed on the way.
(3) When GPS signal is bad or GPS is not working, failsafe will not work.

I will admit that I have not yet done this, but I intend to fairly shortly. I am sure others can elaborate, who have done this.

Just be sure to keep throttle at 50% or more prior to switching the Tx back on or going back into ATTI mode!
(or the Phantom will drop like a brick)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers