Test passed..what to look for.

without looking, what's the reverse heading of 310 degrees?

310 - 180 = 130º

Take a simple calculator (you have lots of time).

Two bits says you won't have a heading question. But gambler, I'm not. Study airspace, charts, TARs weight and balance and everything else. ; )

And yep, I had some CG questions.

SB

...won't need the plotter for determining time and distance. I need the compass to determine intermediate heading...particularly reverse headings.

i.e. without looking, what's the reverse heading of 310 degrees?

Trying to do this from memory is a little more difficult than just looking at a compass.

130 degrees

If this heading question can't be answered from your experience, I would take the time to draw a compass rose with 10 degree points on the blank paper furnished at the test and use that. At my test site, nothing but glasses were permitted in the test room.

310 - 180 = 130º

Take a simple calculator (you have lots of time).

Two bits says you won't have a heading question. But gambler, I'm not. Study airspace, charts, TARs weight and balance and everything else. ; )

And yep, I had some CG questions.

SB

Thanks for the formula, but here's what I've been looking for. Problem solved!

flight computer.JPG

Reactions: Falcon900
...won't need the plotter for determining time and distance. I need the compass to determine intermediate heading...particularly reverse headings.

i.e. without looking, what's the reverse heading of 310 degrees?

Trying to do this from memory is a little more difficult than just looking at a compass.

There's a compass in the Airman's Testing Supplement they give you...Figure 6.

Download a copy (or buy one like I did off of Amazon).

SB

(...duh!!) yeah, I've got the supplement...been using it for study and sample questions. Strange...the sample question I referenced earlier, which appears in different sample tests, with slightly different parameters, never suggests referring to "...figure 6 in the FAA Airmen Supplement" blah, blah, so I never saw it in there...thanks.

If you have any chart questions you're not quite sure of... make sure you look at the chart legend in the book before you choose your answer. I found that a big help.

SB

Copy that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik