Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Test flight on latest dji go app 2.30 Android

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by robby3265, Sep 29, 2015.

1. robby3265

Just been to my favorite place to test fly the new dji go app ,2.30 on my p3p nexus 7 lollipop, stood in same spot i always do just open fields, definitely noticed weaker video downlink to nexus also had 1 FULL signal loss, instead of dji adding features like way points and poi, I think they need to get the basic sorted out like keep the bird connected properly, sick of losing video feed while flying, !!! Sorry just had to let off some steam,

2. brianb87

When is this going to be available for iOS?

3. dlbyers

Is the channel hack still working with this update? I don't want to be without that...

4. Mr.Spock

Yes the hack is there. Will fly on the wend and see if i get any sig loss too.

5. Othan1

I've been using an iphone for a while but will be trying my android this weekend. I stopped using Android because the video was unstable. What is this channel hack?

6. Mr.Spock

Just go to the forum and key 32 channel hack

7. tcope

It allows more 2.4ghz frequencies to be used (increases the number of channels back up to 32). Of you want info on this, please search the forum.

8. dlbyers

9. flyNfrank

It's best to always uninstall the old app 1st. And then it's always best to install the app version only from dji.com. I always save each version as it becomes available from dji.com.

10. flyNfrank

I forgot to mention....I have notice a steady decline in video reception each time there is an update. I personally think they have a goal to reduce the out of the box distance achievable. The FAA does say such things as Line of Sight, and I think I remember seeing something around 1800ft at one time or another. So this would help limit those 1st time buyers that don't respect what laws and guidelines that have been put in place. And dji might figure that those of us that want to fly further will do so by adding antennas and/or amplifiers to continue enjoying our hobby. Just look at what you can achieve by adding a WindSurfer or DBS antenna for $25-$110.

I still say we need that superman that can crack the app and give us the ability to adjust some of the settings ourselves.

11. n6vmo

Dump the DJi app and fly Litchi.

12. ukman

How do I check the which firmware I have?

13. nhoover

Litchi is great but it's not an even playing field. They are forced to use the SDK while DJI doesn't have to. I noticed that while my screen recorder app works fine with DJI, it doesn't work at all with Litchi. The developer says:

I am not sure why the screen recorder does not work at the same time as Litchi, but screen recorders do need a lot of processing power in order to run smoothly. The DJI development kit is not nearly as good performance wise as the DJI Go app, which can explain the problem you're seeing. We've already spent countless hours just to make the video stream work well, I don't think we can realistically improve the app's performance without DJI improving the SDK itself.

14. zobiwu

dont forget to turn on yourself 3 times, touch the p3 hood once then eat a donut to ensure best results.

StevenQX likes this.
  15. ELHEAPO

off subject, great avatar robby!

16. Dronason

In the app, in camera view, open the settings, select "...", the one at bottom left and select last menu entry "ABOUT". Screenshot_2015-09-19-11-15-24.png

17. nhoover

Don't know why but with the latest 2.2.1 Litchi my screen recorder works OK. Better (37fps vs 25fps) using hardware video decode, but worked glitch-free.