Terrible video transmission...

Reaction score
First flight with my P4P and the video on my iPad mini keeps freezing or video is pixilated, and blacks out. Firmware is updated as well as the GO 4 App. Problems happens almost immediately. I use to fly my P3P from the same location with zero problems. Also, I had a tough time updating the firmware and when it finally installed it could not see any of my SD cards and settings for the Go App 4 were completely off. Once restarted it saw the SD card, but the setting were crazy on the App (they were not normal reset values). Anyway making a long story even longer... Right now I am most concerned with the video transmission problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I also experience terrible video transmission problems...

First flight with my P4P and the video on my iPad mini keeps freezing or video is pixilated, and blacks out. Firmware is updated as well as the GO 4 App. Problems happens almost immediately. I use to fly my P3P from the same location with zero problems. Also, I had a tough time updating the firmware and when it finally installed it could not see any of my SD cards and settings for the Go App 4 were completely off. Once restarted it saw the SD card, but the setting were crazy on the App (they were not normal reset values). Anyway making a long story even longer... Right now I am most concerned with the video transmission problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi gosh i just went through all that with p4 after update ,it changed a few settings,,i was like what the###got faster reading card,,,mucked around with cam setting,,,,whew sorted,,,goodluck:oops:

I'm also struggling with poor transmission feed on my P4P. I thought it was maybe the cord from my controller to my phone, but after trying 3 different cords, I don't think that's the issue. I also fly a P3P and Mavic and have zero issues with video transmissions on those flights. I use an iPhone 6 Plus to fly.

Check the image transmission speed settings.

This. I too struggled with some bad image transmission problems, but I lowered the video transmission bitrate and it instantly fixed my problem.

Hello fellow pilots! First time using this site. I'm licensed 107. I wanted to ask this same question. I frequently get the bad transmission issues on my ipad mini 2 on my P4P. I've been told that the outside heat effects it on the ipad. I'm in the Tampa area of Florida. I turn off all settings Wifi, bluetooth,...I've also read something about either activating or deactivating the "hardware decoder" but I can not locate that in the ipad. Anyone know about this and where to find it?

Also the image transmission speed you refer to above is the frequency, 2.4/ 5.8, right? i should take that off Auto and then choose what?

I really thought the ipad mini 2 was the best choice for viewing so I curious what is better. This is my only business now and I can't record video and photos if I can't see what my drones sees. Please help, thx!

Last edited:
I live in Florida as well. After reading the issues that i-thingys have with overheating I went with the P4P+. Even, so I try not to fly a lot in the hot part of the day.

The Ipad mini 2 is to slow for the DJI Go 4 app, I use a Mini 4 and don't have any problems. I'm down here in the swamp and my Mini 4 or Ipad Pro 9.7 never over heated. Don't get a mini 3 that's the same cpu as the 2

I would reinstall firmware using dji assistant 2 if I was you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers