Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Terrible FPV video framerate

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by edraven, Dec 13, 2015.

1. edraven

On my P3S, I've flown it twice, and both times I get maybe one frame per second of video in the DJI Go app.

The first flight was Android in one location, and the second flight was a iPad mini in a second location about 3/4 of a mile from the first location. I was always trying to keep the controller pointed at the aircraft, and nothing was blocking the antenna on the front.

It's so bad I basically can't fly via FPV, I have to look up to see which direction it's pointing. The video is delayed, slow frame-rate, and it tears too.

Here's a sample of the logs from one of the 2nd flights: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The signal strength score was 100, but is that control signal and not video signal? Is there a way to view that?

Could it be bad interference in my town? Is there a way to tell what channel I was on? Does this need to go back to DJI?

Thanks!

2. doctordrone

Try turning on "Enable Hardware Decode" in the app.

3. barefootbeachcombing

Which "Android"? And which "iPad Mini" model?

4. edraven

I tried this with the iPad before the flight shown in the link above, didn't help.

5. edraven

Nexus 6 running Android 6.0
    iPad mini 1st Generation 16GB Wi-Fi White - MD531LL/A

6. barefootbeachcombing

No idea about Android, but the 1st Gen iPad Mini doesn't have a fast enough processor.

7. Mako79

This is a P3 STANDARD correct?
    These are known to already have poor range with the outdated WIFI FPV. I've heard some users are getting half mile at best.

8. edraven

Yes, standard

9. barefootbeachcombing

Ah. I missed that it was the Standard. 1st Gen iPad Mini might be okay, then.

10. edraven

Same thing happens with the Nexus 6, which is a quad core CPU running at 2.7Ghz, should be plenty fast.

11. edraven

So a follow up now that I have some resolution. I returned my P3S, and got another one. Android w/ Nexus 6 now gives fantastic FPV*. The iPad Mini gen1 is still terrible. It just isn't fast enough to deal with the video stream. An iPad Air 1 is almost as good as the Nexus 6, maybe dropping a frame here and there, but still great.

* When it works, you have to keep trying to connect in the app over and over again until the video stream actually shows with a Nexus 6, even with the latest DJI Go (2.5.0).