Tennessee, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg Drones

CE1

Reaction score
I am driving thru TN from Oklahoma and would like any suggestions on we're to fly my P3P
I will be in TN in September

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Be careful in that area. You're in some protected areas and if you get onto NPS land they could potentially confiscate your aircraft. Just be sure to know where you're flying and know what the regs are where you want to fly.

Thank you. I read somewhere that in TN that you can not fly in state parks also. Do you know if that is true?

Thank you. I read somewhere that in TN that you can not fly in state parks also. Do you know if that is true?

Only 1 state Park open for drones in georgia, but city/ public parks are fine. Tennesee should have its own special law for that. I'll find it for you because I'm flying in Chattanooga sometime this week.

Thanks. I will be in Chattanooga on the 4th of sept. Want to find this cliff I saw on YouTube that the flew a drone off of. They were burning smoke flares. On the cliff as they flew off

Reactions: Sky Architect
I know this is late, but in case someone stumbles across this while looking for answers, here you go:

I had a conversation from a State Parks representative for Tennessee and he gave me the following information, which helped clear some things up for me, but the policy is clearly meant for manned aircraft. http://share.tn.gov/sos/rules/0400/0400-02/0400-02-02.20120320.pdf See the section on aircraft.

If you are going to film/photograph for commercial purposes, you will need to talk to the film commission and the park manager at the specific park. He stated it would be a case-by-case review. I have no idea on wait times for that review process.

Additionally, the department of Ag for TN is over State Forrests. Forestry Division - TN.Gov however, I couldn't really find anything there other than policies governing acts such as crop dusting.

Reactions: GH_Machinist

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1