Temporary setup P3 4K remote

@wmcvey, you could see the result here. I think the 5.8Ghz is key for long distance to P3S and 4K. I'm not sure how far, but 2km in a dense suburb is a guarantee. Then 3-5km if there are many open field with vegetations. I boosted both 2.4Ghz, tried boosting just 1 but worse result. I also think I made a mistake when changing the internal cable with RG178 ufl to RP-SMA cable. I think I got a defect cable and it can only fly 1.5km with same setup. My setup is dirty, but I'm getting Evolite Kit from MaxxUAV to put all those amps and powerbank.

@wmcvey, you could see the result here. I think the 5.8Ghz is key for long distance to P3S and 4K. I'm not sure how far, but 2km in a dense suburb is a guarantee. Then 3-5km if there are many open field with vegetations. I boosted both 2.4Ghz, tried boosting just 1 but worse result. I also think I made a mistake when changing the internal cable with RG178 ufl to RP-SMA cable. I think I got a defect cable and it can only fly 1.5km with same setup. My setup is dirty, but I'm getting Evolite Kit from MaxxUAV to put all those amps and powerbank.
Thanks for the link to this thread, very helpful. Does the Evolite Kit come in a version for the P3S? Their site only shows one for the other controller. You have the 4K, so you're all set.

Hey,

I did some chat with Maxxuav guys and they told me to only boost 1 2.4 antenna as basically the remote tries both 2.4ghz antenna and use the one with the best connection to the bird. So this is weird that you got bad result compares to the stock antenna.

Also i asked them if the clean install kit could be used on our rc specially the 4k to re-use the 2 antennas holes and only drill 1 for the extra 2.4 antenna. I'm still waiting some answers.

Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Thanks for the link to this thread, very helpful. Does the Evolite Kit come in a version for the P3S? Their site only shows one for the other controller. You have the 4K, so you're all set.
Not sure about that, but you can message the guy. His respond time is quite fast through fb messenger.

Hey,

I did some chat with Maxxuav guys and they told me to only boost 1 2.4 antenna as basically the remote tries both 2.4ghz antenna and use the one with the best connection to the bird. So this is weird that you got bad result compares to the stock antenna.

Also i asked them if the clean install kit could be used on our rc specially the 4k to re-use the 2 antennas holes and only drill 1 for the extra 2.4 antenna. I'm still waiting some answers.

Yea I didn't think about the clean install when I did mine. Pretty sure you can, but just keep in mind that our 4K radio connector is at the bottom left corner, so it takes longer cables. Not sure if the cables for Adv/Pro is long enough or not.

I'm still experimenting with 1 or 2 boosters for 2.4Ghz. Plus I'm still tinkering with 27dbm software . I've lowered RC signal strength to 20dbm but keeping the drone signal at 27dbm but didn't get the desired result yet.

Not sure about that, but you can message the guy. His respond time is quite fast through fb messenger.

Yea I didn't think about the clean install when I did mine. Pretty sure you can, but just keep in mind that our 4K radio connector is at the bottom left corner, so it takes longer cables. Not sure if the cables for Adv/Pro is long enough or not.

I'm still experimenting with 1 or 2 boosters for 2.4Ghz. Plus I'm still tinkering with 27dbm software . I've lowered RC signal strength to 20dbm but keeping the drone signal at 27dbm but didn't get the desired result yet.
I did message them on their site and they said its in the works for the Standard. It should be out in a few weeks.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik