Temporary setup P3 4K remote

Both are the new Sunhans. Their working voltage is 5-16V. you can use standard 5V powerbank or 2s - 4s lipo. But standard powerbank is the practical option. You use it to charge your phone. If your powerbank only have 1 usb port, then you need to find a split jack.
20160826_102212.jpg

You probably need to find the 5V2.1A (fast charging) powerbank, instead of the cheaper 5V1A because I presume the port has current regulator and if you split to 3, then each amp is only going to get max 5V0.7A (3.5W). If you use the 5V1A powerbank, you can, but you can't split it to 3. Because if you split to 3, then each is only going to get 5V0.33A (1.7W) not enough to power 2W and 3W Sunhans.

Last edited:
Thx a lot for the help as im a newbie !

Perfect mine is even more powerfull 2.4 A per usb port :)

Now i just need to find the antennas for this install as i want to avoid crapy chinese antennas and go with strong 7-9 dbi antennas.

Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thx a lot for the help as im a newbie !

Perfect mine is even more powerfull 2.4 A per usb port :)

Now i just need to find the antennas for this install as i want to avoid crapy chinese antennas and go with strong 7-9 dbi antennas.

Flo

I have just what you need ;)

DJI PHANTOM 3 STANDARD / 4K

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg
Yeah but i would like to stay on omni directional antenna if possible...... If not possible i will go with DBS with pleasure

Flo

Sent from my iPhone using

PhantomPilots

The DBS is pretty awesome. Here are my findings so far as I journey down the mod path. (I'm no expert for sure, but have pushed my limits and done some experimenting)

Started with P3S - Not happy with range. Like 1000ft FPV in suburbia

Got DBS - added like 3x the range. Was getting like 2800ft in suburbia. (Keep in mind most of my testing is by my house which has awful LOS and a ton of wifi interference. I still wanted more.

Got a silver pair of Sunhans. One 2.4 and one 5.8. Also got the blue 3S lipo (image attached). This battery seemed to work just fine. I got about 8500ft by my house so this about tripled my DBS range. I had the second DBS port unboosted and just hooked into controller as it would be with no amp. Also with this setup I got just shy of 3 miles at the beach. A good deal of wifi interference but better LOS.

Ordered my second 2.4 and per my post earlier just hooked up to the omnidirectional pole antenna. Believe it or not, the performance was worse than the non boosted 2.4 second port! My video was choppy from 2500-7000 feet. After discussing with my expert, he said it was a wavelength issue basically. So think about this when you decide to do boosted poles and not a DBS. Is it better than stock; heck yes. But DBS and Sunhans is just so sweet.

When I get my wire, I'll have all three ports fully boosted and will do some tests this weekend.

Also note for power supply. The blue 3s lipo seems to work fine for the silver Sunhans amps. I just had to break out my soldering iron and some shrink tube and, voila! Came out well. Then again, I like to solder. :)

Reactions: jeganx
Omni is for flying close range. It would be nice if you have 2 sets. After I try with dbs, I might try the tp-link 2.4Ghz 12dbi antenna + 8dbi 5.8Ghz omni.

Thx for all you explanation and experience report.

So i will first move with DBS and good cable qualitu from Maxxuav i think. And then i will see. For power i will use my actual battery pack which as enough power.

Again thx for ur time answering me.

Cheers,
Flo

Thx for all you explanation and experience report.

So i will first move with DBS and good cable qualitu from Maxxuav i think. And then i will see. For power i will use my actual battery pack which as enough power.

Again thx for ur time answering me.

Cheers,
Flo

I vote for MaxxUAV. Their service is unparalleled. Still waiting for my evokit lite to arrive.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I have it in stock right now and do ship internationally if you need it fast ! When does Fred think he will have it back in ?

I have it in stock right now and do ship internationally if you need it fast ! When does Fred think he will have it back in ?

Don't know i sent him a mail (was surpised i was speakkng french :) )

Theeir is no emergency to be honest :) this is why i wait for the EU store to have it in stock as i plan to buy 2-3 other thing zt the same time.

Kyle, do you plan to create a 3 amp dji support ? Will be cooool for standard and 4k users.

Cheers,
Flo

I have been talking with Jake and FredZ about it. I think you only need one 2.4 and one 5.8 to be honest

I have been talking with Jake and FredZ about it. I think you only need one 2.4 and one 5.8 to be honest

And you can always use the velcro to attach it under the other amps. Thats what I'm thinking. Or 3M double tape.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Maybe a dumb question but why is their 2 2.4 ghz antenna so ? If it is off topic can we continue duscussion by mail ?

Flo

Not stupid at all. The old wifi tech from the p2v+ is what is in the p3 standard. It basically uses one wifi card with dual antennas and on the fly selects whichever antenna has the better signal (which is why I say boost only one) that way it constantly will use the stronger

Hmm good to know !!! Thx for the technical explanation :) now i have another idea:

Does it mean we can do a mod with only 2 cables on a p3 4k like this we can use the stock antennas hole to wire the dbs antenna ? Like for a p3p or p3a ?

Just looking to do the cleanest mod with your last specification ;-)

Flo

In theory I see what you are thinking but the answer is no, it will be powering up to check for signal over and over on the side with no antenna and will burn out the driver in the remote .. Effectively ruining your RC.

Never ever turn on RC without antennas on connectors !

Reactions: jeganx
In theory I see what you are thinking but the answer is no, it will be powering up to check for signal over and over on the side with no antenna and will burn out the driver in the remote .. Effectively ruining your RC.

Never ever turn on RC without antennas on connectors !

I also think if you already use amps, you should turn on the amps first then the RC. I'm pretty sure the signal wont pass through if the amps are off. CMIIW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4