Temporary setup P3 4K remote

Reaction score
Just got my new sunhans 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz and no place to put them ob the remote:
20160825_142717.jpg

20160826_102212.jpg

20160826_114415.jpg

20160826_114753.jpg

Waiting for evokit lite from Maxxuav to arrive next month.

wow are you sure you have to installed two booster for 2.4ghz ? i think its over kill bro :)
btw where do you got that amp ? have a spare for 5.8ghz ? would you sell it to me :)

I was thinking if I upgrade to Pro or Adv, then I can use both 2.4Ghz. So why not? I think I undercurrent all those 3 amps because its only 1 plug 5V2.1A and I split to 3 jack. So practically they only receive 5V0.7A, it should be able to power 3W theoretically.

Yea I can sell you the old Sunhans. Where do you live? I may want to test the old sunhans a little bit more because I heard the Silver ones are more reliable than the bronze.

Got my first 15000ft (4.6km) flight with this setup.
IMG-20160826-WA0017.jpg

image.jpeg
Nice!!
I run two amps and just got the second 2.4 in the mail. Overkill? I dunno. But I'm sure looking forward to testing it out!
Here is my setup. I think I'll put the third amp in the middle of DBS. Unless I come up with something more creative.
I used high strength Velcro that holds up to 16lbs. Works great and it's moveable as needed.

Reactions: jeganx
View attachment 63293 Nice!!
I run two amps and just got the second 2.4 in the mail. Overkill? I dunno. But I'm sure looking forward to testing it out!
Here is my setup. I think I'll put the third amp in the middle of DBS. Unless I come up with something more creative.
I used high strength Velcro that holds up to 16lbs. Works great and it's moveable as needed.
That's a very clean setup. Nice. I didn't think about attaching them to the side of the mount. How far did you go with that setup Longdog?

That's a very clean setup. Nice. I didn't think about attaching them to the side of the mount. How far did you go with that setup Longdog?

Thanks! It works fine it seems. Was initially concerned about interfering but no problem it seems. I'm now working on my aiming skills. I know I can go father.

13,180. And I think I could do better. First 1000 feet was over a lot of wifi interference.
I'm going for three miles in the right area.
I'll be installing the second amp this weekend and testing. I actually loose video before signal so hoping second amp helps.
Here's the flight log and data: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: jeronesi2k2002
Thanks! It works fine it seems. Was initially concerned about interfering but no problem it seems. I'm now working on my aiming skills. I know I can go father.

13,180. And I think I could do better. First 1000 feet was over a lot of wifi interference.
I'm going for three miles in the right area.
I'll be installing the second amp this weekend and testing. I actually loose video before signal so hoping second amp helps.
Here's the flight log and data: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
You know, I think you should also try the RG402 low loss cable. I heard they are better than the ones that comes with dbs (RG178). I'm planning to open up the remote again and install the new ufl to sma cable with insulation.

Yea, aiming is one of my problem as well. Don't know when I should start using tripod. I really hate tripod. Means I cant travel light.

You know, I think you should also try the RG402 low loss cable. I heard they are better than the ones that comes with dbs (RG178). I'm planning to open up the remote again and install the new ufl to sma cable with insulation.

Yea, aiming is one of my problem as well. Don't know when I should start using tripod. I really hate tripod. Means I cant travel light.

I'm with ya. I've thought about going to a better cable system; both inside the controller and outside. I have just not yet brough myself to rationalize the cost vs reward.
Did you notice a benefit to low loss cables? Or is that all you've used?

I'm also not real ready for tripod. It makes it difficult to get around (right now my whole setup packs nicely into a hard shell backpack). Also, I live and typically fly in areas where there are people and I might draw a bit too much attention to myself.
I am looking for the best portable on-controller setup.

I am expecting in the mail a 7turn helical for the 5.8 soon. I'll be testing that out In coming weeks. Hoping for good results!

The cables are cheap. Abt $3.5-$7/each depending on the length and it's free shipping.
eBay

Wow, 7 turn helical... I'm starting to think dirtybum setup is the best setup. Then you want to replace the dbs with maxxrange panel. I'm not sure I should mod birdside battery and antenna yet.

The cables are cheap. Abt $3.5-$7/each depending on the length and it's free shipping.
eBay

Wow, 7 turn helical... I'm starting to think dirtybum setup is the best setup. Then you want to replace the dbs with maxxrange panel. I'm not sure I should mod birdside battery and antenna yet.

I'm looking forward to it! Actually working with a guy on here. He does awesome work and I believe dirtybum is or was running one of his antennas. Very awesome dude and awesome antennas too.
For now I'll stick with with 2.4 DBS and bypass the 5.8 DBS and route to the helical.
My control range should be pretty awesome and I think I'll be at the point of max-battery range. Leaving the battery mod to come.

I'll look into those cables for sure!

Any good low loss uFL cables to use inside controller? I can't find anything that looks good enough to go with.

l'm also boosting both 2.4's an l think you'll be pleased

l'm also boosting both 2.4's an l think you'll be pleased
Oh nice. I like to hear that!
What was your biggest gain from the second 2.4? Was it better coverage and more reliable video?
Was it video signal for a farther distance?
Or both?!?!?

Oh nice. I like to hear that!
What was your biggest gain from the second 2.4? Was it better coverage and more reliable video?
Was it video signal for a farther distance?
Or both?!?!?
Wish l could tell ya bud but l started w/ 2. I am gonna try this weekend w/ just 1 though. I can tell ya l lost 2.4 n 5.8 at the same time

Yea I can sell you the old Sunhans. Where do you live? I may want to test the old sunhans a little bit more because I heard the Silver ones are more reliable than the bronze.

fantastic !!
let me know if you want to sell it to me when you done experiment

View attachment 63293 Nice!!

over kill in my version is..if i have two 2.4ghz booster i'll attach one in RC and one to AC
because wireless digital tcp/ip need full duplex to communicate, not like 5.8ghz for the RC just need communicate from RC to give command to AC without AC give acknowledged feedback (half duplex) because it contain analog packet

so guys my point is, is like 2 guys talking from 10 meters distance, one guy speak loudly but the other guy whispering it wont be a good communicate doesn't it

but it just my hamble opinion :)

fantastic !!

over kill in my version is..if i have two 2.4ghz booster i'll attach one in RC and one to AC
because wireless digital tcp/ip need full duplex to communicate, not like 5.8ghz for the RC just need communicate from RC to give command to AC without AC give acknowledged feedback (half duplex) because it contain analog packet

so guys my point is, is like 2 guys talking from 10 meters distance, one guy speak loudly but the other guy whispering it wont be a good communicate doesn't it

No, you have a point. I've thought about doing this except stumbled over battery use/weight/aerodynamics drain on the birdside.
Since I am still chasing half duplex limits on stock battery; I must continue to push controller side mods until I max out potential. Then likely look into birdside battery mod and maybe an amp. Or not; who knows.
Plus; adding more investment $$$ to the birdside will only bother me more when this thing decides to not come home. :)

fantastic !!
let me know if you want to sell it to me when you done experiment

I thought of the same thing, but this is more interesting:
DJI Lightbridge 2 – Professional Quality Live Streaming From the Sky

No, you have a point. I've thought about doing this except stumbled over battery use/weight/aerodynamics drain on the birdside.
Since I am still chasing half duplex limits on stock battery; I must continue to push controller side mods until I max out potential. Then likely look into birdside battery mod and maybe an amp. Or not; who knows.
Plus; adding more investment $$$ to the birdside will only bother me more when this thing decides to not come home. :)
Yeap, this is true. This is why I didn't go for Pro or Adv... I could literally cry if something happen to the bird. Standard and 4K is still tolerable. But not Pro or Adv or P4...

Reactions: longdog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl