Temporary gimbal guard - Any ideas?

Reaction score
So it's a little after midnight and first thing in the morning I am driving away for a long weekend.
My wife 'remembers picking up that bit of plastic and moving it somewhere' but searching does not reveal where 'somewhere' might be...

Any suggestions for a quick fix to try and keep the gimbal safe in transit until we find this mysterious 'somewhere'?

You could always buy a 3rd party replacement -- like this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gervin
In the meantime, you could fill the section of your case where the Phantom sits with foam peanuts.

instock-069Peanuts.jpg

So it's a little after midnight and first thing in the morning I am driving away for a long weekend.
My wife 'remembers picking up that bit of plastic and moving it somewhere' but searching does not reveal where 'somewhere' might be...

Any suggestions for a quick fix to try and keep the gimbal safe in transit until we find this mysterious 'somewhere'?
Over zealous cleaning wife, got one of those. "I didn't know what it was so I threw it out."

Reactions: happydays
Over zealous cleaning wife, got one of those. "I didn't know what it was so I threw it out."
Naw... Mine's the semi-hoarder crafty type with stuff everywhere. It's only stuff that's NOT hers she doesn't like LOL.

I found the OEM one! In the laundry with the detergents, 'cause that makes sense.

My baby is all boxed up ready for the trip. I look after a sporting weekend with 2500 kids camping and playing 40 different kinds of sports. Cross fingers I should have some decent footage out of it!

Leave in 6 hours... I'm off to bed.

I got this one - which I am really happy with - seen a few other forum users with the same one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161715349212?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers