Telemetry

Funnone said:
Is there a way to keep the telemetry embedded into the video why recording?

unfortunately no..not within any settings within the dji application, however if you are using a jailbroken iphone, you can use screen recorder apps to do it.

nope..apple says no..thats one of the reasons i jailbreak. lol

GMANNZ said:
Funnone said:
Thanks for the info.... Rocking the ip5s, no jailbreak for me :D i Guess i can do a screen shot

Yeah feel the same ... unfortunately no stock apps yet to do this ??

Funnone said:
Is there a way to keep the telemetry embedded into the video why recording?

I had the same thought and wound up going with a FlyTrex core and DashWare. Works like a charm...

-slinger

Bit on the technical side but it's possible to modify the DJI app to embed this, for example, I've been able to modify the DJI app for Android to periodically (every 1sec) dump all the current craft_info data (lat/long/heading/etc) to a file and able to feed that into google maps to see the flight log points afterwards. For embedding it to the image, you'd likely have to take the timing points and overlay it with the video (there are apps to do this) - you could insert it w/ the image that's presented by the dji app (technical jargon wise it's the "glsurface") but that wouldn't carry over to the recorded video, it's written outside of the app directly onto the copter's sdcard.

Basically, if any of you are super technical and know how to write Android apps, contact me and I'll give you more details on what I've found/done. I would release it but it's a modification of the DJI app and untested code, don't want to burden their (quite good) support team with this crap.

I've watched a couple of youtube tutorials and basically it involves finding a point in the video where you can match up the telemetry (something like a turn, yaw, or other obvious movement). The software then automatically shifts the data overlay to sync with the rest of the video using that point as a reference. Then you check and tweak.

Pull_Up said:
I've watched a couple of youtube tutorials and basically it involves finding a point in the video where you can match up the telemetry (something like a turn, yaw, or other obvious movement). The software then automatically shifts the data overlay to sync with the rest of the video using that point as a reference. Then you check and tweak.

Cool thanks Pull_up ;) I'm now off to find them tutorials... Found plenty of example footage, I'll have another search cheers..

@brizey and whoever is interested in the modified dji app/code to pull the telemetry data off e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send it your way. (wish it was logging to sqlite, good guess tho - the wifi repeater is openwrt and bridges to the vision, communicates across that. I'm using the native libs from the official app, have access and able to ssh/telnet/bring up the wifi repeater and will eventually just pull the stats through that.)

I've got it logging to the sdcard to a json file every second, basically, what this flytrex software is getting w/out having to install that hardware stuff. Right now I'm working on grabbing the data and being able to run the dji app at the same time, I have an app that does collect the data as well but it'll block the official dji app from running.

{"roll_ang":178,"speed":0.1,"last_lat":37.787235200000005,"error_code":0,"unknown":20,"current_long":0,"control_state_1":1,"
last_long":-122.4682945,"direction_ang":126,"control_state_2":0,"current_time_ms":1392107977304,
"height":0.9403038024902344,"level":3,"distance_away":5,"slider_bar_pitch":0,"location_status":0,
"pitch":178,"current_lat":0}

I'm then converting that to kml w/ the placemark's and importing it into google maps.

FPV col said:
I'm looking into getting the Dashware... How do you sink the dashware overlay on the video at the correct start point ?
I drag n' drop the Altitude Bar onto the bottom of the video which shows a moving dot on a graph of your ascent/altitude/descent. Align the video & dot on the graph to where you're a few feet off the ground and hit the Sync button. That's it, you're in sync.

iDrone :idea:

+1 ^ What he said... :D

kwatts said:
@brizey and whoever is interested in the modified dji app/code to pull the telemetry data off e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send it your way. (wish it was logging to sqlite, good guess tho - the wifi repeater is openwrt and bridges to the vision, communicates across that. I'm using the native libs from the official app, have access and able to ssh/telnet/bring up the wifi repeater and will eventually just pull the stats through that.)

I've got it logging to the sdcard to a json file every second, basically, what this flytrex software is getting w/out having to install that hardware stuff. Right now I'm working on grabbing the data and being able to run the dji app at the same time, I have an app that does collect the data as well but it'll block the official dji app from running.

{"roll_ang":178,"speed":0.1,"last_lat":37.787235200000005,"error_code":0,"unknown":20,"current_long":0,"control_state_1":1,"
last_long":-122.4682945,"direction_ang":126,"control_state_2":0,"current_time_ms":1392107977304,
"height":0.9403038024902344,"level":3,"distance_away":5,"slider_bar_pitch":0,"location_status":0,
"pitch":178,"current_lat":0}

I'm then converting that to kml w/ the placemark's and importing it into google maps.

That sounds great. I'm overlaying the telemetry data captured from the phone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YrHfTuaHe0
But your solution with Dashware should work right? I've sent you an email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers