Telemetry problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have lost all my telemetry to the DJI app so it won't display batt percentage, available satellites, distance, altitude and speed. Has anyone else had this problem? The camera works fine and I can tilt up and down using the app, it also has wifi status and displays if a memory card is in the camera or not. I have tried uninstalling the app and a fresh install and rebooting on my iphone 5 and an ipad which were both working fine the other day. My software is up to date using the assistant. My dealer says they haven't had this problem before so was just wondering if anyone on here has. The only mods I have done are I have added two TP link antennas to the original repeater but the telemetry has worked fine up until today. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Scott

That's what I've been thinking all day, is it something I'm not doing or something so simple. But I've done the basic checks and the wifi connects as normal just not the telemetry.

Do you have another device that you can load app on?

Did you try un and re plugging the camera?

What about rebinding?

If yes to those have you done upgrades to your camera or repeater?

Check to make sure you have good connections for both the camera power cable and the ribbon cable (have to pop off the camera to get a look at that one).

Do you have your toolbar set to auto hide in the app settings ? :lol:

I've ordered the cable pack to first swop the camera lead etc. Process of elimination is worth a try.

I've already tried rebinding, also I have the app on two devices and still no joy.

I've not got the auto hide setting on, does this make a difference?

Thanks for all the suggestions any more would be much appreciated.

Scott

You may want to take a hard look at your wifi repeater board. Routing for the external antenna lead could be problematic if it put pressure on board components due to kinks, bends, etc in the antenna lead...its a bit of a tight fit in there...fwiw.

Time to pop the hood (bonnet) and check the plugs going to/from the NAZA module, everything else is either soldered or connector'ed & glued in place. Watch Pull_Up's video on how to open Phantom 2 Vision (linked in his sig & posts).

BTW are you not getting any "Invalid Battery" warnings on your screen? Or "Low Battery" warnings?

iDrone

I had the same problem and i returned my PV to the official dealer and received a new one.

No telemetry at all, only camera options worked as it should.

PV was tested on Android and Iphone and in all cases it didn't work and I tried everything what was possible to try.

Contact your dealer i would suggest. It worked for me.

Good luck

Some other thoughts I've had:

Can you confirm that you're not getting any telemetry at all when you're outside and you've got the green flashes so that the aircraft says it has satellite lock?

Also, have you tried cleaning the battery data pins and the contact pads on the battery? I know you didn't mention getting invalid battery errors but it might be worth sprucing these up anyway.

Scott1uk said:
Hi Guys, I have lost all my telemetry to the DJI app so it won't display batt percentage, available satellites, distance, altitude and speed. Has anyone else had this problem? The camera works fine and I can tilt up and down using the app, it also has wifi status and displays if a memory card is in the camera or not. I have tried uninstalling the app and a fresh install and rebooting on my iphone 5 and an ipad which were both working fine the other day. My software is up to date using the assistant. My dealer says they haven't had this problem before so was just wondering if anyone on here has. The only mods I have done are I have added two TP link antennas to the original repeater but the telemetry has worked fine up until today. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Scott

Bad board . .happened to me. . no rhyme or reason. Stupid thing!!! I still fly mine without telemetry (I keep getting gigs to use it and cant find time to wait 3 weeks for them to fix it). Good luck!

Yeh no telemetry at all and flies perfect as it should, all the flight modes work fine eg RTH etc, I already cleaned the battery connectors as part of the basic checks I've done. I've had the lid off and checked to see if there are any loose wires etc but it all looks ok with the plugs firmly in position. I think I will try a new camera cable when it arrives before taking it back to the dealer. They will probably say I've voided any warranty though with the antenna mods I've done even though it was fine after the mods, so I will continue to try and sort it myself first.

I really appreciate everyone's input and welcome any other suggestions.

Scott

i have had the same problem for months now i have no telemtry and i cannot tilt my camera up or down.i can still take pix and vids but thats it ive tryed everthing nothing fixed it. i think the problem is inside the camera itself

Sent DJI an email the other day to see if they could help but typically no reply. Still waiting for the replacement camera cable to try.

Scott1uk said:
Sent DJI an email the other day to see if they could help but typically no reply. Still waiting for the replacement camera cable to try.
I did replace my cable (had an authorized dealer look at the camera) . . . still the same issues you are having, except now I have a new cable.

Scott I think it's time to arrange for this to be sorted out by DJI. Did you buy from a dealer, and was it a tier one dealer? If the latter then I would get straight in touch with them and ask them to arrange to have this repaired or replaced. As others have said you've been through everything we as end-users can possibly do, bar the camera cable, so I think it's looking like something a bit more fundamental now.

Bought from a recognised north west uk dealer which I've already contacted and they have never come across this problem. They have said to bring it in if the basic checks don't work. I'm just worried that because I've modded the antennas on the repeater following step by step instructions from fellow members of this forum they will not repair or replace it. The telemetry was working fine before and after the mods for a few flights then just didn't work. I'm going to try the new camera cable which should be here tomorrow then if no joy I will take it in and see what or if they will do for me. Fingers crossed :|

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20