Telemetry Issue

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

This being my first post, let me introduce myself. My name is Alex from Montreal, Canada. I've been reading this forum for quite a while for tips and help and so far, it's answered every question. I need some help with an issue I've been having and haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Maybe you guys can help me solve it or point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. Flew it a couple of times without issue. This past weekend, I took it out for a flight and about 2 minutes in (and about 15 meters up), I lost GPS signal and panicked. I'm sure you guys can all guess what happened next. Anyway, the white wire leading to the 2.4ghz wifi antenna snapped, the vibration dampening plate cracked and the 8 wires leading from the bird to the gimbal were pulled out of their connector.

I ordered everything to replace what broke (cable, 2.4ghz antennas, new vibe plate). While waiting for everything to arrive (it still hasn't), I got impatient and temporarily fixed most of the issues just to see if everything still worked as I was worried that I may have damaged the gimbal/camera.

I managed to superglue the vibration plate back together, re-insert the 8 wires into the 10 pin connector. The white cable though, I had a feeling was coaxial so I stripped it and re-inserted it into it's tiny connector but I have a feeling this did nothing.

Here is my question (issue). I got the P3S to fly. Everything works. The wierd thing is that it looks like the controller is losing it's signal with the bird every couple of seconds. I can fly the thing with no problem (no RC signal loss) but, at (often) times, the telemetry reads 0m altitude and 0m distance when I'm at least 10m off the ground and 30m away. Again, when this happens, I can still control the bird with absolutely no loss in RC signal.

My question: Can this be caused by the 2.4ghz antenna wire that busted? I've attached a screenshot of the DJI Go log screen and as you can see it's logging multiple flights with seconds or minute gaps indicating loss of signal even though my flights last night lasted 20 minutes each.

Thanks in advance guys! I look forward to your replies :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-22-10-23-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-22-10-23-45.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 292
When my 5.8 signal gets the hiccups I relink the controller. If the 2.4 gets choppy I reinstall the app. You probably already tried this. Sending it to DJI is another solution. Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck with it.

Reactions: Morph2054
Thanks for your reply Chasbro.

After reading many other posts, It looks like the P3S and the P2V+ are very similar machines. If that's the case then the telemetry information would be relayed over 2.4. If this is the case, the 2.4ghz bird side antennas I ordered should fix the issue.

5.8 is working well. I flew her almost 1km tonight with no issues besides the whacked out telemetry. I got a little nervous and decided to bring her back.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4