telemetry for DJI Phantom

Reaction score
I am looking to add telemetry to my phantom. Would like to read distance, altitude, signal strength, and home direction

i have a 6 volt bec already installed so that takes up a small spce in the copter. Anyone have any suggestions. Where do you mount the transmitter? insude the phantom, or outside the shell?

OSD telemetry for DJI Phantom

If it is a telemetry in OSD (for FPV videolink) and is an excellent FBOSD Ghost.

It is specially designed for the Phantom, based minimOSD. It can record telemetry data to the microSD memory card, otherwise it necessary data inserted into an image for FPV video link ...

Traditional telemetry systems are also part of various alternative transmitters to control.

Is it easy to hook up to a fatshark? I also have a gimbal. I read the nanual and it looks a bit vague, but I was thinking of buying one
Do you know if any osds have signal strength leeting you know if you start to get out of range. also none really tell you a direct line distance you are from the craft. they all seem to tell vase distance and altitute. Using calculus you can figure the direct dstance

gardenroute said:
If it is a telemetry in OSD (for FPV videolink) and is an excellent FBOSD Ghost.

It is specially designed for the Phantom, based minimOSD. It can record telemetry data to the microSD memory card, otherwise it necessary data inserted into an image for FPV video link ...

Traditional telemetry systems are also part of various alternative transmitters to control.

Do you have that set up? I.E. FBOSD and the microSD logger?

I do. I set mine up a few weeks ago now, but after I done two small flights I checked the microSD card, and it showed nothing?!?!

Did I miss something? I believe I was meticulous with the install, but something isn't working right . . .

i didnt get one yet! did you hook yours up with a gimbal?

I finally installed to my Phantom other OSD & telemetry system, DJ iOSD Mark II.
With the FBOSD (even though I had already bought Ghost with all, now for sale) were and are problems, a lot of people it works with difficulty, almost wrong support.

iOSD is reliable and functional (works with NAZA M), incl. recording flight data and telemetry to the internal memory.
As the OSD is perfectly functional, I use mostly the main voltage, vertical speed, distance HomePoint, altitudes and more.

The new version of firmware yesterday he was showing too badly calibrated compass (!) and status (inclinations) gimbal. I tested it today.

After the flight, I can export the data and interpreted as follows.

Attachments

• fly091.jpg
    fly091.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 2,624
That is a pretty neat graph. Reminds me of my scuba dive recorder! Where did you get your osd? Can you post a link to it?

DJI iOSD MARK II

The DJI iOSD MARK II adopts a highly integrated design which makes it very exquisite and practical. Many of the real-time aircraft flight information, such as the status and coordinates of the aircraft, are superposed on the video which gives you a more involved and safety flight experience.

The DJI iOSD MARK II should be used in conjunction with the DJI autopilot system, such as WooKong-M, Naza-M or Naza-M V2. This will undoubtedly give you a fantasitc flight performance. Depending upon DJI’s accumulation of historic and reliable information integration technology, the iOSD MARK II can grab the most accurate first-hand flight data information in the shortest possible time.

The DJI iOSD MARK II can collect real-time video and flight data, which will help you to obtain the aircraft status information during flight. It can display power voltage, flight velocity, height, distance from the home point, horizontal attitude and GPS satellite number, etc.

The DJI iOSD MARK II supports two video input sources: PAL or NTSC mode, which can be selected remotely by an R/C transmitter switch. By doing this the pilot can achieve double video alternation during flight and can also set one source for the aerial camera and the other one for FPV. This will ensure the nose direction of the aircraft is under control and a safety return during fimling.

The DJI iOSD MARK II can record the flight log, which will help you to record the input and output information of every channel, GPS signal, power voltage, home distance and height, etc. (The current iOSD on the market will have flight log function after firmware upgrade.)

etc...etc...

Is there any way to connect iOSD to Phantom after upgrade kit installed? Both iOSD Mark II and iOSD mini must be connected to Naza-M using PMU v2, but I cannot find any information how to connect PMU to upgraded main board (existing manuals and tutorials are showing connections to old board only).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl