Telemetry and FPV

Reaction score
Hi Guys;

I'm an amateur about Drone systems and all around them.

Some mounth ago I bought a Phantom FC40, now I want start to improve this one.

The first that I like do is add Telemetry to now distance, speed, etc..., how is that posible? is posible with the FC40 Cam and with the 5,8Hz rx/tx.

Another thing that I want to do is not use the mobile phone and using a monitor or glasses for FVP, in this situation I need change the cam and posible the Tx/rx to 2,4, right? Do you know how do that?

Thanks a lot in advanced for your assistance.

Here is one option: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13890
The other option is to do as you say:
- change cam to one with video out (like GoPro); also get a mount for it
- add 5.8 Ghz video transmitter/receiver/monitor setup
- change receiver and Tx to 2.4 Ghz
- add mini iOSD for telemetry
- change out mainboard for P2 mainboard (cheapest way to add CAN bus needed for iOSD)

Thanks a lot CityZen

About you said I speaking with DJI Support and told me that I need the miniOSD and the NAZA V2 PMU to telemetry I suppose that mainboard P2 y too sabe the NAZA V2 PMU.

Once installed on Phantom how can received telemetry datas are there any application or anything to received this?

About this add 5.8 Ghz video transmitter/receiver/monitor setup have you any recomendation?

The mainboard in the FC40 (same mainboard as a P1) doesn't have a CAN bus port. You can get the PMU V2 and get a CAN bus port, but then you won't have a GCU (gimbal control unit).
You could get either a Phantom "Upgrade board" or just get the P2 main board and get both a CAN bus port and a GCU built in. The latter is cheaper.
Either board upgrade will be lighter than adding the PMU V2.

An iOSD will add telemetry superimposed over the video transmission. To turn this back into digital data wouldn't be easy. You'd need to record the video, then process it on a computer to decode the video data.

The Phantom 2 Vision models probably do provide digital telemetry data over their downlinks, but you'd need to look into 3rd party apps to get at it.

There might be a way to intercept the GPS data directly from the GPS module and send it to a dedicated telemetry digital downlink. I've seen some hardware for this, but haven't investigated if it all works together.

There are many 5.8Ghz video transmitters. I don't know much about them. The "Black Pearl" is often recommended as a combined 5.8Ghz receiver and video display with a built-in battery. You can piece together similar functionality for cheaper, though it won't be as elegant.

Or...

change cam to one with video out (like GoPro); also get a mount for it
- add 1.2 Ghz video transmitter/receiver/monitor setup
- add mini iOSD for telemetry
- change out mainboard for P2 mainboard (cheapest way to add CAN bus needed for iOSD)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj