Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Technically, can I test fly in No Fly Zone ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by AAC, Aug 14, 2014.

1. AAC

AAC

My office is located at the No Fly Zone area. I know I must obey the law not flying in this area.
    Just wondering if I can have the PV2+ take off and landing within 20 ft high and 100 ft distance outside my office's soccer field for demo flight ?
    What mode shall I pick to perform this demo flight for clients ?

2. nintendrone64

3. CRankin

Well, you could also downgrade your firmware to version 1.08 and avoid the whole gimp-a-copter "feature" to begin with. Of course, you'll lose the waypoint feature, so if that's important to you it's probably something worth considering.

4. cahutch

If you're within 1.5miles of the airport, your motors may not start at all.
    If your motors start, you should be able to fly at least 35 ft high

5. darkoth23

Tape Aluminium foil over the gps receiver and fly in atti :D

6. Clipper707

You can fly in a restricted zone. I fly in Washington Park in Burlingame CA, about 2 miles from San Francisco International. I'm limited to 65 meters altitude and the red LEDs flash consistently throughout my flights, but the answer is yes, you can fly near an airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74wuK9TlI2Q

This is what 65m looks like from this park. At the end of the video you can see water off to the right. Just beyond the water are SFO's runways.

7. UrAwFuL

I've flown ~3 miles out of an airport before (and away from flight paths) and I've flown as high as I usually do. :lol:

8. AAC

AAC

From the attached map, I know I'm not able to start the motor in the red circle.
    Does it mean I'm able to fly with limited height in the yellow circle.
    If yes, then can I set waypoints in yellow circle if more than 6 GPS are connected ?
    or I need to apply ATTI mode or Course Lock mode to fly in yellow circle despite 6+ GPS are found ?

Attached Files:

9. Morgon

Yes, you can start the motors and fly with a limited ceiling in the yellow part of the circle.

The vision app prevented me from setting waypoints while being limited, but I don't know if there are any workarounds.
    I was able to fly in both GPS (at least for stability) and Atti mode, as well as course/home lock modes. As far as my experience goes, the only limitations are waypoints and height limitations in this zone.