Tech challenged- how do I avoid having video recorded to phone

Reaction score
My videos record to the SD card- good. they also show up on my phone. I think that will reflect on my data usage for the phone. how do I prevent that?

The video transmission from the bird to the phone goes by way of the RF from thru the transmitter. This does not use or even require an internet connection. In fact, many pilots will place their phone, tablet, etc. into airplane mode so they are not distracted with messages, phone calls etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

no data will be used , and you can turn off " cache video while recording " in the GO app if you don't want the video on your phone at all .

My videos record to the SD card- good. they also show up on my phone. I think that will reflect on my data usage for the phone. how do I prevent that?
In the Go app settings look for the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Then again select the 3 dots "General settings" scroll down to cache locally when recording and switch it to off

If your phone is set to backup photos/videos to the cloud, it could use up your data from your cellular provider, however you can check to make sure it only backs up using WiFi.

I use Google Photos to backup my photos and videos, and by default the app backs up videos to the cloud only over WiFi.

I don't know about other backup apps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl